Tidal Fish Forum banner

First time targeting jumbo perch in the great lakes

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  swampfox 
#1 ·
I went out looking for perch last week with some friends. We fished the southern part of Lake Michigan up in some shipping canals. It's funny, I've been fishing the great lakes almost my whole life, but I had never targeted perch specifically. We got out early in the morning and found fish almost immediately. My friends were much better at detecting the light bite but eventually, I started to get good fish. As the morning dragged on we dogged barges and got blown all over the place by wind. It was crazy, to say the least. WE finished put the day with about 8 keeps (over 10 inches) and we threw back tons of 9 inchers and bellow. I'm happy to have gotten my feet wet, and I think I may have found a new obsession. I put a little video together of the day

I'm curious about how other people target perch. We used drop shot rigs with white hair jigs and white marabou jigs. Tight lines everyone!! Food Seafood Staple food Fish Sardines

See less See more
1 1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.