Good Information Planning a road trip- anyone interested? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks Mhandle, good luck in OI and please give us a report. Been a while since I chased the giants. We used to go to Atlantic Beach NC but the bite got spotty and we stopped going around 2008ish....and the market crashed and I sold my boat so that may have played into it too. We got it done with the Tiagra 50's with the Jerry Brown setup. Go get'm!
    Buck

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Buck,
    What are your thoughts on a mid March meet to discuss details? My crew is coming together.

Sounds good, I'm in the Annapolis area, how about you?

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

White Marsh

if everybody could get together in march that would be great im in richmond va

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

Perry hall is my location

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

A couple friends and I are definitively interested, we are located in Nortern Calvert and have a 24 Robola we plan on towing down. Let us know when/where you want to meet up so we can discuss details of the trip. Looking forward to it!

Justin, good to talk with you today. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your crew. As far as guys wanting to meet up I'm game if you want to meet up in the Annapolis area. I'll be out of the country in mid march for 10 days but I'm good for late March or very early April. This board has 100's of lurkers who have great knowledge so if you have any specific questions about gear or tactics I suggest putting it out there on this board. What's else are we going to do in February?
    I respooled my TLD 30s over the weekend. I have 5 spreader bars, I have to admit I have neglected these bars. Any other leaders I would routinely switch out and check for abrasions/chafing. For whatever reason, I never did this with my spreader bars. One bar had the main line (with hooked squid at the end) all chewed up. I went ahead and replaced, I use 200# jinkai for this. Great time of year to inspect the line on your reels, replace old leaders, and sharpen or replace those old hooks. Have a few wire leaders ready, wahoo chew through mono like Pelosi tears up speeches.

I just put 80# power pro braid on my 30's with a top shot of mono (also 80#). I didn't measure it out by my guess is I have about 500 yards of braid and 200 yards of mono. What are you guys using?

I just spooled 4 tld 50s with 650 yards of 65# mono- I have two 30s and two 25s still to spool. I’m looking hard at two sets of sterling wide trackers that I hear great things about......

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

A friend of mine went down last week and landed a good one. When are you guys going? I think you said what else to do in Feb. Good luck! Attachment 255129 Some of you guys might know Tim.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast