Good Information Planning a road trip- anyone interested? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks Buck for taking the time talking me through the details of the trip, very knowledgeable! He suggested we look for someone on this board who has the offshore rods/ reels and tackle who would want to walk on with us. We have a 2017 Robola 24 with twins but definitely not set up for off shore in terms of gear. Let me know if you are interested, we will be towing down on the 16th or 17th to buddy up with the balance of the boats. Call/txt 2o2 359 5o3o - Justin

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    A friend of mine went down last week and landed a good one. When are you guys going? I think you said what else to do in Feb. Good luck! Attachment 255129 Some of you guys might know Tim.
    Tim said he never wants to do that again. Nothing but work but$$$$$$$........ Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Tim said he never wants to do that again. Nothing but work but$$$$$$$........ Gary
    I told him he is going to have a hard time topping that catch. He agreed. I never knew he side never again, but I understand that. One time long ago was enough for me.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

This was the one and only giant we caught. Fun trip, ran out of Atlantic Beach, was around 2004ish. This was when Barbara Block was running the "Tag a Giant" program. Biggest tuna I ever caught, estimated 400 plus pounds. giant bf.jpg
    My buddy John Rogers just caught a big one on Sunday out of OI....wish I was there. Next year!

Buck

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Never caught a giant BF but did catch an 82 lbs yellowfin out of OC chunking yrs ago. The other was a clone at 78 lbs . Im a bay and freshwater fisherman and it just puts a different perspective on all that swims. Good luck fellers great to see this buddy system come together!
    Last edited by moronehead; 02-11-2020 at 07:50 PM.

We may have one more boat joining us. A 27 foot World Cat out of DE called Flounder Hound. Great fisherman, even better human being! Come on April!

Buck,
    What’s the current boat count? Looks to me like a small armada!!

Palm Pilot, I am looking for a HO if your still interested let me know.
    Thanks, -Justin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEtXIEvKgLQ&t=130s

This was early April last year. My son and I chartered this boat. We caught over 40+ citation red drum. Unfortunately, all were to large and had to be released. There were 3 boats there nad one of the other boats was able to keep a small fish.

I believe it's 5. Everyone making their own plans but we will communicate on leaving the inlet, sharing some info once out there, give everyone the chance to come back in together, and hopefully hook up at least one night at the local watering hole for laughs and story telling!

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast