Sad News Looks like bad news - new Rockfish rules - Page 2

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm sure the exception for charters is to minimize the economic impact on the charter industry but how is that fair?Because they make a profit and kill fish every day they are allowed to take more?I also have charter friends but seriously come on.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Mhandle3 View Post
    I'm sure the exception for charters is to minimize the economic impact on the charter industry but how is that fair?Because they make a profit and kill fish every day they are allowed to take more?I also have charter friends but seriously come on.....
    It's not fair. I'm fine with just 1 fish and will not go on a charter just to get 2. But it seems to me some recs will be willing to go on a charter to get that extra fish. The charters might even see some extra business from this. I just wish the 1 fish rule applied to charters too.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Just find another species of fish to target. There are white, yellow perch, crappie, catfish, cobia, redfish, black drum and snakeheads............Gary

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Just find another species of fish to target. There are white, yellow perch, crappie, catfish, cobia, redfish, black drum and snakeheads............Gary
    please show me where I have a shot at getting a 40lb fish from shore on plugs other than bass.....targetting another species and letting one continue to get wiped out isn't the correct train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    .... and bluefish

So all the non charter recreational boaters will sell their boats this year and all the charters will sell next year after they wipe out the species. Great management plan!

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I don’t understand the thinking. Charters are recreational on one hand, and when they’re limited is doubled in order to stay in business....theyre commercial.

It’s my opinion, they need or the legislature needs to decide what use group charters are. Either commercial, or recreational. If commercial, there’s quotas. If recreational, one fish.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bizarro world, charters are like goofy. What the hell are ya?

All the recs have to take a bite of the s### sandwich while the charter captains get a cheesesteak sub. They already have a big advantage with their shared intel on the hot spots and hot lures. Now this too.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The fish are doomed unless feds get involved again. ASMFC is a complete joke.

While Hogan and Haddaway in office the comms including charters will continue to receive special treatment.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast