Sad News Looks like bad news - new Rockfish rules - Page 11

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

So, should it be ok if goose guides clients be allowed 2 geese, when the general public only allowed one? Since they’re facilitating customers. I know they’re hurting bad with the one goose limit this year. I think we should let them have 2 per client.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

If everyone keeps complaining, they'll make it equal for everyone next year. Moratorium. Then everyone should be happy.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

What’s wrong with complaining? I’m not happy with the proposals, I can’t complain?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I can live with the new regulations personally, I just enjoy being on the water with friends and family. After our limit of stripers I will start fishing for white perch. Then maybe have some fun with catch and release of catfish. There will even be freshwater trips for bluegills up in the Dundee.

We all have to accept some changes, or we wont have anything to fish for.

Mike

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Me too. I'm getting my pre op physical now. Hip replacement Feb 19th. You can have all my fish for the next 6 weeks.😂😅....... Gary
    Good luck with the surgery Gary. Everyone I know that has had it done said it went very well. They say it is easier to recover than knee replacement.

Mike

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Damn! Sorry to hear that Gary. But you will be Much better in the long run.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    If everyone keeps complaining, they'll make it equal for everyone next year. Moratorium. Then everyone should be happy.
    if they made it equal for everyone this year (1 fish) then maybe we could avoid said moratorium. Instead, we need to cater to the charters because haddaway and hogan have ties to them and those watermen cry more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    Charter trips will also have to report all fish caught on a daily basis if a charter trip was taken that day . I'll ask about where the fish will be allocated from. There were around 500 + licensed Charter Captains left in Maryland. 200,000 recreational fishing licenses.I'll ask about that too.
    Ok, let’s say only half are active and we just make them six pack charters, not including the others that can and will carry more.

250 captains
    X
    12 fish (2 per person per day, two trips a day)
    150 days (June-October)
    = 450,000 fish. If my math is correct

The other 250 captains/450,000 fish should offset lack of effort for whatever reason, as we all know, no one is fishing every single day for 4 months, although a know a few that will try

Anyone know or know where I can find 2019 or 18 commercial striped bass landings report, total pounds?

If you took 450,000 fish, average 3 pounds, some are less most are a lot more, that’s 1.35 million pounds of fish. That’s a lot of fish. Charter boats to one fish same as the rest, would be considered a reduction, imo

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast