Sad News Looks like bad news - new Rockfish rules - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

You don’t have to be done with the conversation, outside of the c/r season. An angler catching and releasing a legal fish after two, by letter of law would be illegal. Now the dept can’t tell anyone what to do with their fish, they can say that after two legal fish released or in the cooler, they are now breaking the law.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Arguing on the internet is like trying to blow out a light bulb...... Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Arguing on the internet is like trying to blow out a light bulb...... Gary
    Good Fellows.jpg

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

reading through the thread i feel motivated to share my thoughts.

first, we all agree the fishery isnt what it was, and we need to intervene. that said, i think we all are willing to do our part.

what i dont like is the 2 fish per charter and 1 per rec. i dont think someone chartering will change their mind whether it's 1 or 2 for them. this is especially true with the 18" minimum - they arent going to fish very long this year with an 18" min anyway. so it's a fast rock trip and perching whether it's 1 rock or 2 on a charter, and i just dont think that will change someones mind deciding to drop $600 for a day on the bay. you can agree or disagree, but thats my thought and i wont argue it with anyone.

i support closing the season for parts - better than a total closure and fair/same impact to all.

for me - it will change my rock fishing for the upcoming year big time. obviously i lost the april days - ok, for the good of the fishery i accept that. I normally fish 12 of the first 15 days in April so thats a hit to me but fine i will use vacation for something else. i will fish may 1 - 8 and that will by my spring.

my summer will be much different than normal. the 1 fish rule will keep me from running 10 miles and grinding chum. not worth the investment in gas/chum for 1 per person for me. i will instead do some close to home trolling - less catch rate and more beer drinking - and more perching. so i will take the hit there as well - but am ok with it as we need to do something and at least i can fish a bit and this isnt a total closure.

bottom line, we all need to share and own the problem and take a hit. i know the industry will take a financial hit - i saw it at the shows. in addition, charters will take a financial hit during the closures. tackle shops will sell less bait and take a hit from the closures. i will take a hit as noted. we will all take a hit in different ways - and it makes no sense to me to complain that my effect is worse than someone else's - it may be, it may not be, it all depends on who you are and what your opinion is.

But - we have to do something - we all know it. Hopefully this will be a short term thing and we can recover the fishery quickly.

I am not complaining, but accepting the changes for the good of the fishery. I hope this is short term and it is all it takes.

Fish On

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

How about hook &liners how many tons can they take. And if i book a charter witch i would not but if I did take wife 4 kids thats 12 fish i can bring home. So it’s just a money game. And also what are they trying to save the local bay fish or the breeder ‘s cause i see plenty of undersized fish but what does that do for the population ( nothing)

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415