Need some Help Looking for Crappie locations in MD.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Capt Nick not so on the Potomac via PRFC. 10 per day per person.

Capt Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

If they did that up here , we'd have great crappie fishing in most of the upper bay fresh water tidal rivers. Every bucket shore fisherman tries to get a 5 gal. bucket full every day + the netters . I know a netter that caught $17 k worth of crappie in one month. It's hard to believe that we have any left up here. I remember a local upper western shore crappie netter that told me he sold them to the state to stock the eastern shore ponds and rivers with back in the early 70s . I guess they thought we would like to drive to eastern shore to catch the fish that were in our local rivers ?
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

One day at the Fish Market I saw a basket of crappie with a sign that read "Crappie 1.00 a pound."
    The man behind the counter said he should have never bought them since he could not sell them. Next day back at Fish Market for some more bait I saw the same bucket almost empty with a sign that read "Rainbow perch 4.00 per pound" and he was dragging out another basket to restock it.

Capt Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMikeStarrett View Post
    One day at the Fish Market I saw a basket of crappie with a sign that read "Crappie 1.00 a pound."
    The man behind the counter said he should have never bought them since he could not sell them. Next day back at Fish Market for some more bait I saw the same bucket almost empty with a sign that read "Rainbow perch 4.00 per pound" and he was dragging out another basket to restock it.

Capt Mike
    Were you at the Wharf Mike? Many fish are mislabeled and crappie is not a very appitizing name. If Sonny knew that, someone wouldn't have a job...........Gary

First boat out front by old parking area. Not Sonny's boat.

Capt Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMikeStarrett View Post
    First boat out front by old parking area. Not Sonny's boat.

Capt Mike
    👍good........ Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    If they did that up here , we'd have great crappie fishing in most of the upper bay fresh water tidal rivers. Every bucket shore fisherman tries to get a 5 gal. bucket full every day + the netters . I know a netter that caught $17 k worth of crappie in one month. It's hard to believe that we have any left up here. I remember a local upper western shore crappie netter that told me he sold them to the state to stock the eastern shore ponds and rivers with back in the early 70s . I guess they thought we would like to drive to eastern shore to catch the fish that were in our local rivers ?
    That is not true that every bucket shore fisherman tries to get a five gallon bucket full every day. Most people I see catching crappie or any pan fish only keep some, like 4 or five to eat and then they might catch and release or stop fishing. I know there are some people that do try to catch a load of fish, BUT NOT EVERY shore fisherman like you said. Some of the things you say. WOW! By the way CAPT. I am the only one on this fishing forum that fishes every day. Could you be talking about me?

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    That is not true that every bucket shore fisherman tries to get a five gallon bucket full every day. Most people I see catching crappie or any pan fish only keep some, like 4 or five to eat and then they might catch and release or stop fishing. I know there are some people that do try to catch a load of fish, BUT NOT EVERY shore fisherman like you said. Some of the things you say. WOW! By the way CAPT. I am the only one on this fishing forum that fishes every day. Could you be talking about me?
    I saw Andy fishing and he had a10 gallon bucket so full of fish he couldn't get the lid on and fish were jumping out!😅🤣😅 Actually, every report I have read is the 5 gallon bucket is to sit on as he catches and releases.... .....Gary

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Someone mentioned the Magothy River.....but I've only ever caught White perch and Rockfish there?

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

You all know crappie spawn 2 times a year. And they are pan fish. And a limit on pan fish is ridiculous.sorry but thats my opinion . And opinions are like ass holes everyone has one😱

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast