Need some Help Looking for Crappie locations in MD....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Looking for Crappie locations in MD....

Looking for some places to fish for Crappie in MD, my favorite fish to catch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Book a trip with Capt Mike Starrett from Indian Head Charters. He's a crappie catchin fool....... Gary

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If I lived closer I would fish tidal Potomac creeks from the 301 bridge north to DC every day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

All the ponds on the shore are good. Smithvile, tuckahoe, galestown, Johnson's, Leonard's,etc. as others have said the upper tidal rivers are good too- especially on the shore.

Blog Entries

Reservoirs are your best bet to learn. They come under fresh water regulations. limit of 15 pp. Tidal laws are ridiculous with no size or daily limit. Good tidal rivers get hit hard and once good places can get ruined by the 5 gallon bucket brigades on good days. I still catch a few tidal river crappies by accident while fishing for bass, chain pike and snakeheads . I release my fish. I'm more concerned about tomorrow's fishingDSCF0071.JPG than tonight's dinner .Something a lot of recreational fishermen are not aware of about tidal crappie. It is legal to commercially net crappie .
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 02-10-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm catching the occasional one while pickerel fishing with large lures in SoMd, which tells me I could catch a bunch if I wanted. Water is not cold at all, and the rain makes for better fishing this time of year. Bass fishing has been so, so.

I am booked for the crappie season. Have some open dates for catfish late March..

Capt Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    Reservoirs are your best bet to learn. They come under fresh water regulations. limit of 15 pp. Tidal laws are ridiculous with no size or daily limit. Good tidal rivers get hit hard and once good places can get ruined by the 5 gallon bucket brigades on good days. I still catch a few tidal river crappies by accident while fishing for bass, chain pike and snakeheads . I release my fish. I'm more concerned about tomorrow's fishingDSCF0071.JPG than tonight's dinner .Something a lot of recreational fishermen are not aware of about tidal crappie. It is legal to commercially net crappie .
    Come on man! The boat people have coolers in their boats. Do you have something against pan fishermen with five gallon buckets. If you do just speak up CAPT Nick. Tell us what you really think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dubljay View Post
    Looking for some places to fish for Crappie in MD, my favorite fish to catch.
    dubljay, Don' make the trip to Marshy Hope Creek for crappie. The water is muddy. Unless you want to fish for cat fish, they like muddy water. Can you tell the water is muddy on this picture? Just trying to help. This might save some fishermen from making a long trip for nothing.2-10-20 Muddy Water.JPG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Come on man! The boat people have coolers in their boats. Do you have something against pan fishermen with five gallon buckets. If you do just speak up CAPT Nick. Tell us what you really think.
    I think tidal crappie
    are over exploited. They have no regulations All you want , any time ,any size, commercial or recreational . Maryland likes to wait until it's almost too late to do anything . Any decent sized ones in the Marshy Hope?
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 02-10-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast