Need some Help Looking for Crappie locations in MD.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Where are you located and whats your range? There are lots of options both fresh and tidal. As Capt Nick said Baltimore reservoirs and others the upper rivers. I dont target them anymore but they are very plentiful and cant say much about the WS. My old home river the Pax didnt really have much except for the flooded "Agnes" ponds I used to haunt as a kid. Andypat catches them every other day on the ES. Right now lower shore is on fire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I will say this about the reservoirs Liberty and Loch Raven, where I fish. The flavor of the fish from the reservoirs is superior compared to any tidal rivers . I keep a few jumbo yellow perch from those reservoirs and they taste much better than tidal river fish .
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    I will say this about the reservoirs Liberty and Loch Raven, where I fish. The flavor of the fish from the reservoirs is superior compared to any tidal rivers . I keep a few jumbo yellow perch from those reservoirs and they taste much better than tidal river fish .
    There you go again. LMAO !

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

It’s true Andypat....... it’s the clean water guy

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I always admire the opinion from someone who doesn't know. . Ok, they taste better if they are from the eastern shore rivers and ponds where they are marinated in a mix of Perdue chicken manure .Surf in turf broth . Bon Appetite .When did either of you ever compare a reservoir fish with a tidal river fish? You could tell the difference if you did. If not, you have bad taste buds.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 02-11-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Mine always taste like cocktail sauce. Not sure why

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    Mine always taste like cocktail sauce. Not sure why
    LOL!

Blog Entries

I always admire the opinion from someone who doesn't know. . Ok, they taste better if they are from the eastern shore rivers and ponds where they are marinated in a mix of Perdue chicken manure .Surf in turf broth . Bon Appetite .When did either of you ever compare a reservoir fish with a tidal river fish? You could tell the difference if you did. If not, you have bad taste buds.
    ( Ok, they taste better if they are from the eastern shore rivers and ponds where they are marinated in a mix of Perdue chicken manure .Surf in turf broth .)------ Thanks Capt. for letting us know how you feel about the Eastern Shore. We will remember this one.
    Last edited by andypat; 02-11-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    . Perdue chicken shit makes crappies grow bigger💩

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Got to agree with Capt. Nick. Crappie are exploited in the rivers of the upper bay. Was on a good bite several years back. Catching 30-40 a trip over 12 in. I would take home 5 each time for the table. Couple boats saw us catching them. Most trips after that there were boats fishing for them, when in the past there were none. As we stopped at a couple. They would load up their live wells with every fish. The first couple of boats must have spread the word as more and more boats over the next month. All loading up. As Andy pointed out, not just bank fishermen over fish. Boats do it as well. Well too many big fish were removed and hard to catch a few nice one now. Over time they will be back. Most likely to see the same fate. Not to bash but most who were overloading was out of state to the North. unfortunately these fish stage in an area where there are many passer byes.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast