Question Invasive Catfish-Choptank River

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Invasive Catfish-Choptank River

I have a small fishing boat on the Tred Avon River, which flows into the Choptank River on MDs Eastern Shore. Given the rockfish regulatory situation this upcoming season, I am thinking of taking up fishing for unendangered, but tasty fish such as perch, blue other invasive catfish. How prevalent are the invasive catfish in the stretch of the Choptank between Tilghman Island and Cambridge and is it worthwhile to target them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Martinak state park down to Kingston landing
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

My boat is in the same general area (Broad Creek) and I too am interested in catfish this year. Would really appreciate any recommendations.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

In the spring you can likely get them down to secretary. If it get dry, then above the Dover bridge. I'll bet you could get them way up the tred too. Maybe not a lot, but they are likely there. Try some of the holes way up.

Just saw a video of guys catching blue cats on Tuckaho Creek. They couldn’t get away from them. The cats were on the small side. They were yellow perch fish8ng with minnows.

Blog Entries

Wonder if you could catch some large blue cat fish off the end of the Oxford Ferry Pier. It is very deep water there. And Tread Avon River runs into the Choptank River. Just a thought. I know there is plenty of white perch and rock fish off the pier.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

One of my go-to bank fishing spots is between tilghman and cambridge. Perch and rock galore.
    Last year the channel cats were so thick in there you'd fill a 5 gallon bucket with them in about 15 minutes. It was every cast, seconds after the bait hit bottom.
    I ended up only fishing it a couple times last year because I got tired of weeding through them to get my perch.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements