Good Information CCA MEETING W/ Capt Jon Griffiths

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default CCA MEETING W/ Capt Jon Griffiths

The CCA Central MD chapter will host a meeting on Tuesday, February 25th at Challedon Golf Course Grill in Mt Airy. The speaker will be Capt Jon Griffiths and he will talk about fishing the upper Potomac River for several species. Meeting starts at 6:30 and open to the public. It is free and food is available to be purchased.I will be there with my walker........ Gary
    6166 Challedon Cir
    Mount Airy, Maryland 21771

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

John & I fished together 10 + years ago on the Potomac . I had been fishing for Musky there and needed a hard core fisherman to do an overnighter in some dangerously swift water in a jet boat I had planned for just the right time . I chose John for the task after reading about his experiences on the Upper Potomac on Tidal Fish. John had a family fish camp on NY's St, Lawrence river in upstate NY. and although he had many follows ,strikes and fish on, he told me he had never had the luck of landing one. He was more than up to the challenge and his luck was about to change. We put in that evening and headed to the fishing grounds . John had every Musky lure known to man packed away in his tackle box. By sunset, he had hooked 3 Musky but didn't land one yet . He was still thrilled to get that much action in such a short period of time . Especially in Md. It was around midnight as we passed a shore group of couples fishing on the bank with a camp fire and tents. We stopped across the river from their camp site at a spot where I had caught walleyes and decided to try a bit for them. John tied on a smaller Walleye lure and after about the 3rd. cast hooked a nice fish. He was using a small light weight spinning combo, I think 6# test for the walleye task. He says , this isn't a Walleye . As he fought the fish , little by little, easily to the boat , we saw it was a nice Musky . I finally managed to net the Musky after almost having it get tangled ,head first in the net by the hooks. I quickly pulled the net straight up before it could get tangled. John gave me a look like , "that was lucky, quick thinking " . We netted the fish and John was relieved that he landed his first 42 in.Musky . I'm sure John will have a few good storys and photo presentations to talk about.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Jon gave a great presentation on fishing the Nation's river.

He provided a lot of good info on fishing for all the species present in and along the Potomac, including walleye, bass, shad, snakeheads, crappie, carp, catfish, stripers, and of course his favorite the mighty musky.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements