Question Wake Ramp
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wake Ramp

  1. #1
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    624

    Default Wake Ramp

    Has any work been done to make this ramp accessible for the 2020 fishing season??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I was near there this morning so drove down to see the river. The ramp is blocked with no sign of activity. The sign says that it is closed until further notice except for hand-launched boats and fishing is allowed on the pier.

    RiverDrifter

  4. #3
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Thanks Drifter, look like this would be a good time to get out ahead of the situation before it's needed.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Wake Ramp Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Has any work been done to make this ramp accessible for the 2020 fishing season??
    Saw an article in the Soutside Sentinel this week that said the county will be coughing up $10K to have local contractors remove the sand (and they keep the sand). Still working out details with DGIF who owns the ramp but hope to have it open this season. Not sure why DGIF cannot maintain their own ramps but ...

  7. #5
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlateDog View Post
    Saw an article in the Soutside Sentinel this week that said the county will be coughing up $10K to have local contractors remove the sand (and they keep the sand). Still working out details with DGIF who owns the ramp but hope to have it open this season. Not sure why DGIF cannot maintain their own ramps but ...
    Well well, that's encouraging. Now to get off this house arrest the daughter has me on. She taking this virus real serious.

  8. #6
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Wake Ramp Open

    Wake Ramp has finally been dredged and is open for launching now. DGIF had no money so the county along with some local contractors got the job done.

  9. #7
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Is it totally clear, saw a post last week that said it would be tricky at low tide.

  10. #8
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Is it totally clear, saw a post last week that said it would be tricky at low tide.
    IDK, I just saw a report in the paper that said they had removed 1800 cubic yards of sand from the ramp at Wake and it was "open" and available for use.

  11. #9
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlateDog View Post
    IDK, I just saw a report in the paper that said they had removed 1800 cubic yards of sand from the ramp at Wake and it was "open" and available for use.
    I was there on Saturday and launched a jon boat no problem, the left side of the ramp still had some sand spoils. However I did see a couple of tandem axle trailers in the parking lot when I left.

  12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.