Question New Stay at Home Order for MD

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default New Stay at Home Order for MD

How do you guys feel about fishing during this time? Personally, I think it falls under the exception of "obtaining food or medicine". This is a great way to social distance. Fish alone or with one or two people.... Can you do this without coming into contact with others? How will DNR handle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It is great for mental health and food. That's for sure. Was out with the kids on Saturday on the Nanticoke. We caught 10 nice blue cats. That's a ton of fillets. We never got within a 100 yards of anyone, let alone 6 feet. Having said all of that, if we all do our part and not leave our homes, this will be over faster and we will recover socially and economically quicker. Was at the Cambridge Walmart on Sunday, and the lack of social distancing and awareness for the threat was profound. If people keep congregating like that, shaking hands, hugging, we are screwed. My family will be hunkering down for the next couple weeks for sure.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Was arguing with my wife this morning about letting me get the boat launched to at least do some prospecting. Well, Hogan took care of that. I suspect that ramps, etc will be closed at some point. Pretty clear there isn’t a grocer or pharmacy in Sandy Point! Old farts like me just hope to live long enough to enjoy the other side of this disaster...

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Have a private launch and boat is on a lift. Not sure how they can tell me I can’t go fishing.

Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

So, what are the repercussions if stopped by LEO while trailering a boat up the road to the launch ramp at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning?

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by POLECAT View Post
    So, what are the repercussions if stopped by LEO while trailering a boat up the road to the launch ramp at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning?
    Maryland just issued a Stay at home for the entire state as of 8PM. Up to 1 year in prison and $5000 fine for violating.

Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Maryland just issued a Stay at home for the entire state as of 8PM. Up to 1 year in prison and $5000 fine for violating.

Well, that just put a halt to my desire/plan to spend the last day of C & R on the flats tomorrow. The launch fee I can afford, but not the fine if one was imposed.

Best of luck to those who have a fine fishing experience tomorrow.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yeah Maryland will be throwing folks in jail for this while New York a$$holes are using the virus as an excuse to release murderers, child molesters, rapists etc. from jail. Brilliant.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Just read this on the Governors proclamation... I'm gonna say if you go on your boat fishing your ok. Might be a problem though if you try to put in at SPSP.

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-con...ED-3.30.20.pdf
    Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running,
    or biking, but only in compliance with paragraph III below and applicable
    social distancing guidance published by the U.S. Centers for Disease
    Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and the Maryland Department of Health

Quote Originally Posted by EDGE CREEK ANGLER View Post
    Just read this on the Governors proclamation... I'm gonna say if you go on your boat fishing your ok. Might be a problem though if you try to put in at SPSP.

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-con...ED-3.30.20.pdf
    Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running,
    or biking, but only in compliance with paragraph III below and applicable
    social distancing guidance published by the U.S. Centers for Disease
    Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and the Maryland Department of Health
    Yeah it really isn't clear if you can fish or not. I would think it could be considered an outdoor exercise activity or also obtaining supplies for consumption (fish).

Nate

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast