Good Information You can fish if you have the following

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Cool You can fish if you have the following

from DNR website:
    Does kayaking or paddle boarding count as recreational boating?
    Since kayaking and paddle boarding are both human-powered forms of exercise, akin to bicycling, they are permitted under the executive order. Guidance on social distancing and the prohibition on social gatherings must be strictly followed.

Can I go fishing?
    Limited fishing is allowed if you are seeking food for you or your family, but the social distancing guidelines and the prohibition on social gatherings must be strictly followed.

Can charter boats work next month since they technically fall under the recreational quota from a fisheries standpoint?
    ANSWER: As part of the food supply chain, charter boats can continue operating but must abide by social distancing guidelines and the prohibition on gatherings of more than 10 people. Charter boats and head boats should NOT have more than 10 individuals on the vessel at any time.
    Heres the rub. They are considered a small business and qualify for monetary bail out. Sounds like double dipping to me if the stay at home regulations are still in place next month.
    WHEN FISHING, I LEAVE WHAT INTELLIGENCE I HAVE AT HOME AND USE MY INSTINCT'S, WORKS MUCH BETTER.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wait...charters are still operating?? I guess I just assumed no one would be foolish enough to spend the day in a crowded cockpit with strangers??

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

LOL! If your a real sportsman/catch and release person, you are done. No fishing for you. This is crazy! LOL!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    LOL! If your a real sportsman/catch and release person, you are done. No fishing for you. This is crazy! LOL!
    Nah, you can fish for food for you or your family and not catch anything worth keeping.

Blog Entries

Yea, I guess that is right. They can't make you keep every fish. How about catch and release bass fishing? Can you do that? I don't think so.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jignfan View Post
    Nah, you can fish for food for you or your family and not catch anything worth keeping.
    If you are fishing for food and you release a legal fish you are C&R.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

fish had sores

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Only Stripers have sores. No tournaments now so there are plenty of Bass .You can only whack 5 a day now. They're easy to catch on their nests . Tidal waters allow this in the spring. Compliments of the Black Bass advisory board in Annapolis. Plenty of Cats for the bait slingers.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabyn Fever View Post
    If you are fishing for food and you release a legal fish you are C&R.
    Yes, that is what I think also. That is what I've been trying to get across. Thanks. Catch a large bass full of roe ready to lay her eggs and it's against the law to release it. No more bass fishing guys. Unless your going to eat it.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

There's plenty of fishermen that take Bass in the spring. I see them all the time. Especially this year . I wonder if it's a $5k fine and a year in jail if someone takes a picture or video of a fisherman releasing legal fish? Should be, close the loopholes . The law is the law. Maybe a reward for the photo and video too? I think fishermen have to be off the water by sundown too.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast