Sad News One Body Recovered

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default One Body Recovered

"Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean and her 8-year-old son drifted into the bay after paddling out in a canoe to retrieve a ball. Her body was recovered on Monday evening.' New York Times

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Now they are out searching for another...https://www.facebook.com/AA1stAlert/...678934/?type=3

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I was a bit South of Poplar island and noticed something strange in the water about 300 yards away. It would have been about 1 mile West of Poplar. I got on the radio and let the Coast Guard know immediately. I actually saw them roll out of Herrijg Bay and head that way. Not sure if it was related.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CHOC View Post
    I was a bit South of Poplar island and noticed something strange in the water about 300 yards away. It would have been about 1 mile West of Poplar. I got on the radio and let the Coast Guard know immediately. I actually saw them roll out of Herrijg Bay and head that way. Not sure if it was related.
    You noticed something "strange" in the water to the extent that you notified the Coast Guard yet you didn't check it out to see if you could render assistance?? I sure hope it wasn't a MOB!

Chuck

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cabyn Fever View Post
    You noticed something "strange" in the water to the extent that you notified the Coast Guard yet you didn't check it out to see if you could render assistance?? I sure hope it wasn't a MOB!

Chuck
    I was in a kayak. It would have taken me much longer to get there than the coast guard that I also had a visual on.

No disrespect, but I shouldn't really have to explain myself.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CHOC View Post
    I was in a kayak. It would have taken me much longer to get there than the coast guard that I also had a visual on.

No disrespect, but I shouldn't really have to explain myself.
    I agree with you.

"Authorities found the body of former Maryland Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend’s missing grandson in the Chesapeake Bay, two days after finding her daughter’s body.

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources Police said they found 8-year-old Gideon Joseph Kennedy McKean’s body around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, about 2,000 feet away from where authorities found his mother, Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean, on Monday." Baltimore Sun

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

RIP sad to hear of their passing. Every time I hear of someone missing in the Bay I'm reminded of how fragile life is, to respect the bay, and to always wear a life vest.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    RIP sad to hear of their passing. Every time I hear of someone missing in the Bay I'm reminded of how fragile life is, to respect the bay, and to always wear a life vest.

Agreed that you should always wear a life vest especially when alone. In cold water all it does is make it easier to find your body if you are alone........ Gary

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements