Question Crabbing the mid bay late April
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Crabbing the mid bay late April

Hey All,

I don't know about you but I'm in serious need of a crabbing run. Not only do I need to get on the water, I need to sit down and tear into a dozen MD crabs. Has anyone started yet? I typically crab the Magothy but to early up here, I need to head south/east but not sure where the action has started. Anyone give it a shot yet? If so please share results good or bad. Not looking for your private spot, maybe post the name of the river and the depth, bait of choice and results. Any info is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

One buddy of mine has not sure if hes on hear.He went opening day down south and ended with about 3 dozen I believe.Not sure how far south.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Don't know how far south you want to go, bit a friend of mine has a place in Silver Beach, Va and is catching large crabs by the bushel. He's jimmy potting this weekend for softies/peelers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

There are some being caught. Either still in deep water 15-17’ or some of the shallower bays on the shore could be producing.

I have heard reliable reports of good catches but do not have specific locations.

West Side Crabs (Howard County) got into some and in the public pictures on their facebook page, I would guess shallow bay.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I went down to slaughter creek loaded up with traps with clams and scrounged out 34 on April 2nd. Caught twice that many but they were small, some traps had 2 in them. Ive been wanting to head back down there to try other areas in search of bigger crabs but we havent had the best weather recently. Good luck if you go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements