Fishing Report Sunday May 3rd fishing Potomac
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Sunday May 3rd fishing Potomac

Started about 8:00 AM trolling SW of Saint Clements island, spent 5 hours trolling north and south, lot of bait and some nice marks, no bites.
    Only saw one rock lost when trying to net by lone fisherman , it looked like a keeper.
    Seems to me they should shut down Rockfish across the board for a few years, it worked well in the 80-s, think we would learn fro the past.
    When will netters stop taking whole schools out before they even make it back to the bay?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The gill nets completely wipe out the fish in front of my house. It feels like months for a few fish repopulate the area. The pound nets appear to be a bit more selective on the by catch. But those gill nets - uggg! Complete dead zone in their wake.

I don't think think there are any public transport accessible spots in the area to fly fish, but plenty of people fish in the Potomac and Anacostia rivers, which flank the city on two sides. I always see people fishing along East Potomac Park, which is in the SW of the city (closest Metro is L'Enfant Station). You can probably also fish along the The Yards Park in Navy Yard (Navy Yard Station) and Anacostia Park (Potomac Ave Station).

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Boasting over 400 miles of fishable waters and a wide variety of species, the Potomac River provides a chance to escape the city and reconnect with nature. Fishing on the Potomac River serves as a rite of passage for many local DC, Maryland, and Virginia anglers. Visitors from all over the East Coast also travel to the Potomac in order to check out one of the most underrated fisheries in the US. shareit vidmate

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements