Question Anyone still alive here? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Actually posted here back in the early days but I can not remember under what name? I wish Kimbro and Walleye Pete would drop by occ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by oncegreatchesbay View Post
    Actually posted here back in the early days but I can not remember under what name? I wish Kimbro and Walleye Pete would drop by occ.
    Kimbro and Pete Post on FB.

A lot of the old time posters gat pissed several years ago when there was pissing match on here over catch and release. They left and never returned. We still have some good fishing reports from Skip, andypat and others. Just not as many. There are still a few jerks on here that tend to want to get into arguments over trivial bs but the board still serves us well. Especially when you need advice on boat, motor repairs etc.There is still a lot of knowledge on here.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post

A lot of the old time posters gat pissed several years ago when there was pissing match on here over catch and release. They left and never returned. We still have some good fishing reports from Skip, andypat and others. Just not as many. There are still a few jerks on here that tend to want to get into arguments over trivial bs but the board still serves us well. Especially when you need advice on boat, motor repairs etc.There is still a lot of knowledge on here.
    Yes I know.....I was on Facebook for 10 years and then deleted my account. I still follow Kimbro on You Tube.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Got to be "fish my way and my fish" or your a ding dong. Now look at it, catfish in the bay is the prime target now lol, times change .. was fun for a good while though.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT NURES View Post
    Got to be "fish my way and my fish" or your a ding dong. Now look at it, catfish in the bay is the prime target now lol, times change .. was fun for a good while though.
    Times change indeed. Annapolis sector pretty much devoid of all life (especially with this algae bloom) except cats and I have no interest in them. Rode over a couple of oyster bars yesterday during a nice strong ebb and this is what they look like fullsizeoutput_ceb.jpeg ...blank. I can remember having fun with trout and even an occasional flounder in the late 90s...

Good to see some old names, I haven't posted on here for over 5 years. I remember the good ol' days and the tidal fish conventions down at the Kiptopeak Inn while we crushed giant Rockfish at the CBBT (the promise land). Not so much anymore. I still catch the occasional nice rockfish in the spring but I do it out of my kayak now. Flats still suck for the most part (good day here and there on mostly schoolies).
    Hope everyone is well, maybe the fishing of old will return someday....

Capt. Deering, sorry I can't respond to your pm, it's telling me my quota is exceeded (didn't know there was a quota).

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post

I left, occasionally take a peek once in a while. Sure the old timers got pissed over PSCR. Guess you guys will tell me once again to "kiss off" after this post too. Can anyone tell me what restrictions imposed on us has worked?. After the "rain tax" we still have poop plants overflowing and county offices telling us to stay out of the water for 48 hrs. I still have friends contacting me about bay water infections (just had another yesterday with a hand infection). Six rod limit on PSCR didn't bring back the rockfish population (this was low hanging fruit). I was in the minority when I said circle hooks were not going to be the answer (had a good friend on here tell me I wasn't a conservationist). Then read lots of reports about fish still floating down the bay. Now we have closed April to rock fishing. AND, I need to run 20 miles to find cleaner water. Next, they will restrict how far I can run, because I'm adding to pollution by running so far.
    What DNR has done, is reduce the number of boats out fishing for one single rock fish while charters/guides can keep two (twice a day).
    But hey, all the progressive restrictions are working (lol). The YOY index last year was great (that's a joke).

DNR says we have to kill every snakehead and blue cat we catch, and their number are exploding. Maybe if DNR adopted this requirement for rock, we would see a rebound :):):):) ckl ckl ckl

Fire away all you newbies. Maybe it will be another couple of years until I post again (no need to put me on "ignore").
    Capt John Deering and Wino; good to see you are still fishing and dodging the Corona virus

5th Tuition

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
    I left, occasionally take a peek once in a while. Sure the old timers got pissed over PSCR. Guess you guys will tell me once again to "kiss off" after this post too. Can anyone tell me what restrictions imposed on us has worked?. After the "rain tax" we still have poop plants overflowing and county offices telling us to stay out of the water for 48 hrs. I still have friends contacting me about bay water infections (just had another yesterday with a hand infection). Six rod limit on PSCR didn't bring back the rockfish population (this was low hanging fruit). I was in the minority when I said circle hooks were not going to be the answer (had a good friend on here tell me I wasn't a conservationist). Then read lots of reports about fish still floating down the bay. Now we have closed April to rock fishing. AND, I need to run 20 miles to find cleaner water. Next, they will restrict how far I can run, because I'm adding to pollution by running so far.
    What DNR has done, is reduce the number of boats out fishing for one single rock fish while charters/guides can keep two (twice a day).
    But hey, all the progressive restrictions are working (lol). The YOY index last year was great (that's a joke).

DNR says we have to kill every snakehead and blue cat we catch, and their number are exploding. Maybe if DNR adopted this requirement for rock, we would see a rebound :):):):) ckl ckl ckl

Fire away all you newbies. Maybe it will be another couple of years until I post again (no need to put me on "ignore").
    Capt John Deering and Wino; good to see you are still fishing and dodging the Corona virus

5th Tuition
    Good to see you on here Marty. Hope you are well. I'll give you a call to catch up......... Gary

Blog Entries

I see no problem with your post. In fact, I agree with it. Thanks! But I'm not one of the old timers on this site. I'm just a old timer.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23