Good Information Good web site to find out true current direction and speed instead of high or low tides times
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Good web site to find out true current direction and speed instead of high or low tides times

Lots of times the night before I go fishing I go to this web site to help me plan my trip. I can find out true current direction and speed instead of high or low tides time.

Since they do not have an app I save the web site link to my phone so if I am not catching and need to go someplace else, I can quickly pull it up to see what is current and its direction will be when I get there to see if I want to move or not.

Most of who fish the CBBT know when around bridge pilings and over the tubes, current speed and direction makes more of an impact instead of what time is high or low tide. Especially when fishing in the bay the current runs in different speed and directions from one of the bridge to the other end.

"FishCurrents provides hourly water current predictions for the coastal United States, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico using an interpretation of tidal current data provide by NOAA. Hourly water current speed and direction are overlayed in a map based depiction. Click below for links to common locations. If a location is not listed pan the map to the desired location to see if water current information is available or view the full location listing.

FishCurrents provides the current speed and direction to help determine the optimal times for fishing as different species of fish prefer specific water conditions. This site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended for navigation. No warranty or guarantee of accuracy is provided. Consult NOAA for official water current predictions."

http://fishcurrents.com/?fbclid=IwAR...HZ50bLVWEfcEFo

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I use it for chumming cobia fishing. They seem to be more active during the current change. I use the site to see when direction changes and try to be set up an hour or so before. It's pretty accurate.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I could not find this site on my phone. I tried google maps, just google, nothing. Hints please.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

This is the link below. If you cannot get it to open, got to the web and type in fish current and it is one of them or try this web site, http://fishcurrents.com/

http://fishcurrents.com/?fbclid=IwAR...HZ50bLVWEfcEFo

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBugJoe View Post
    I could not find this site on my phone. I tried google maps, just google, nothing. Hints please.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements