Fishing Report Laid back trolling - Thomas Point 5/27

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Laid back trolling - Thomas Point 5/27

Launched boat at Sandy Point about 8:30 am - friends meeting me at 9:00. Looked one pier over and saw fishing rods - no one around them.

Not sure if someone left the gear going out or coming in. My friend Tammy from local rock band Reckoning arrived with her son Vader , her friend Tina and Tina's son Dylan. All have fished with me before.

We headed out on calm seas and ran south. Water is awful looking brown and not a lot on meter until near ship anchorage. Set 5 lines off the boat. 4 tandems ( 1 and 2 ozs ) with 6 to 12 ozs back 70 to 150 feet. One downrigger with white umbrella was set at 25 feet ( 32 feet of cable out ).

We stayed in 35 to 45 feet as incoming current was waning. Got one 21 off downrigger and a 20 incher off 8 ozs at 120'. Current stopped and so did the bite.

The boys are 13 and got bored fast - more interested in video game on phones than everything going on. My ladies did great job spotting the diving birds ( hint ) that gave away baitfish pockets. Stayed near these and as current began outgoing - we started to get bites.

It was a slow pick - each rod getting hit. White and green/ clear did better than chartreuse. Blue / clear did not get hit. Sun was out and bay was flat - just a laid back type day.

Got a couple shorts ( 18 1/2 ) and then a nice 24 for our 5 person - 5 fish limit. It was about 2 with current really moving nicely. The women were game to try for Catfish but the boys weren't so called it and ran back to dock. I cleaned fish - surprised the boys did not want to help - oh well.

The fishing rods were still laying on dock - cool no one took them - leaving for owner if they retrace steps.

Heard guys with boards did better but no complaints. Got trip planned in a month or so - this time women are leaving boys home.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 27 sailfish View Post
    Launched boat at Sandy Point about 8:30 am - friends meeting me at 9:00. Looked one pier over and saw fishing rods - no one around them.

Not sure if someone left the gear going out or coming in. My friend Tammy from local rock band Reckoning arrived with her son Vader , her friend Tina and Tina's son Dylan. All have fished with me before.

We headed out on calm seas and ran south. Water is awful looking brown and not a lot on meter until near ship anchorage. Set 5 lines off the boat. 4 tandems ( 1 and 2 ozs ) with 6 to 12 ozs back 70 to 150 feet. One downrigger with white umbrella was set at 25 feet ( 32 feet of cable out ).

We stayed in 35 to 45 feet as incoming current was waning. Got one 21 off downrigger and a 20 incher off 8 ozs at 120'. Current stopped and so did the bite.

The boys are 13 and got bored fast - more interested in video game on phones than everything going on. My ladies did great job spotting the diving birds ( hint ) that gave away baitfish pockets. Stayed near these and as current began outgoing - we started to get bites.

It was a slow pick - each rod getting hit. White and green/ clear did better than chartreuse. Blue / clear did not get hit. Sun was out and bay was flat - just a laid back type day.

Got a couple shorts ( 18 1/2 ) and then a nice 24 for our 5 person - 5 fish limit. It was about 2 with current really moving nicely. The women were game to try for Catfish but the boys weren't so called it and ran back to dock. I cleaned fish - surprised the boys did not want to help - oh well.

The fishing rods were still laying on dock - cool no one took them - leaving for owner if they retrace steps.

Heard guys with boards did better but no complaints. Got trip planned in a month or so - this time women are leaving boys home.
    Skip, sounds like you missed the fog. Went across the Bay Bridge around 7:00 AM and it was very foggy, especially on the eastern side. Could not even see the water from the bridge. Severn River was especially bad. Sounds like you had a decent day considering the dirty water.

Great report! Video games have destroyed the minds of the young and not so young. We've developed a sub-second attention span.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Always a great report from Skip. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Brought the 2 kids for 2 more fish🤭

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Anybody that names their son Vader must be cool.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Finprof - Yeah , Tammy is cool.

They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements