Sad News Evinrude no more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Evinrude no more

Sorry to see but I just read that BRP has stopped manufacturing Evinrude Outboards. They will still honor warranties and make parts available for the e-tec’s. They own Alumacraft boats and will offer packages with Mercury outboards. They also own some other boat companies.

Hate to see old line products go away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I guess theit Etec line didn't do very well. Johnson went down too....... Gary

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

junk

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Slipsinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    I guess theit Etec line didn't do very well. Johnson went down too....... Gary
    I bought a 250 hp Etec when they first came out and was plagued with problems. It was the worse investment I ever made. Should have stayed with the 225 Merc.

Sounds like Suzuki is becoming the bullet proof go to.

I’ll hopefully be building a boat next year and the Suzuki is the short list.

Chris

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I had a 2006 ETEC HO, It blew it's powerhead under warranty and they stood by it and replaced it. Never had another problem for 13 years. That said, I'm not really a brand loyal kind of guy, I sold the boat in 2019 and have a Suzuki on the new one. I would be suzuki is eating into a lot of Traditional OB manufacturers sales...

Yamaha is the leader in outboard business but Suzuki is very close behind and less costly. I would put Honda third...... Gary

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

It’s a shame when i was a kid it was Johnson evenrude or the never start mercury . Johnson was the goto. My next motor will b a Yamaha or suzukie . 4 strokes are just so dam heavy

Talk to Capt Frank of Downtime Charters. He is in process of replacing one of his 175 suzuki's. He said it has 7,000 hours on it. Yup 7,000 hours on it pushing a heavy boat. I dont think most modern diesels expect that longevity without going to a continuous duty motor with low HP. Suzukis are rock solid!

Also TF'er Basketcase just replaced his 2006 Honda 225 this winter. It had over 8,000 hours commercial crabbing on it. I say over because his hour meter stopped working around then.

Heck I had 3500 hours on a 2009 Honda 225 and sold it running well.

I dont think there are many outboards you can count on of 7,000-8,000 hours. Today's four strokes are workhorses. It is the lack of demand for 2 strokes that drove Evinrude out, not COVID19. 4 strokes have come down in weight a lot too since their inception so there is no reason to choose a 2 stroke.

Funny, in 2009 I paid almost $3,000.00 for a 25 HP Yammy 2 stroke for my 13’ Whaler. That was a 2007 leftover.

A new Zuk 4 stroke today is between $3500-$4000 depending on exact model.

Progress.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast