WYE

Thread: WYE

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default WYE

Anyone out yet. Staying home until now but want to try to get some fresh air. If I get out I will post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Reports on the blue crab forum have been that the crabs are not active on the Wye.

https://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?topic=96213.0

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Crabs are finally moving on Saturday (5/30), we got 20 keepers from our dock in little choptank area. Nothing bigger than 6", but nothing smaller than 5.25". Was a nice dinner and leftover meat for a few more crab cakes. Saturday was the day, before that we were getting 1-2, but water temps were just warm enough Saturday for it to change. Depths for our dock 4-6 feet at mid level tide.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Salt levels are good and the weather is getting warmer. Just a little more patience and we’ll be good in the Bay Bridge area.

I crab between South and Tapsco. My target salt level for the Tapsco is about 6-7 PSU and we’ve been there for months.

Just need some heat. Full moon coming and summer should be underway.

Chris

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Crabbed last week at my dock (Queen Anne marina) for a couple hrs with 10 topless traps and got zero crabs, last year the crabbing was really bad there too but before that it was wonderful. I don't know what went wrong ..Could it be that they've been dredging near there every year?

Blog Entries

It is happening down here. I watched a man empty his crab pot from a pier I was fishing on. He had quite a few crabs in his pot. Also the crabbers are starting to bring them in at Cabin Creek. Suicide Bridge Ticki Bar started having steamed crabs, and they only buy crabs from their crabbers. Md. Crabs.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements