Need some Help Is Annapolis sector water still terrible?

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Question Is Annapolis sector water still terrible?

Last week I didnít even want it going through my heat exchanger! Hoping to go out Monday morning for another try for surviving fish. Worst mahogany tide Iíve seen in a while. Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The brown water is from an algae bloom - doubt it will hurt engine (s).

I think it is mostly near surface - I marked bait and fish as shallow as 10 feet on Weds.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

As of Friday morning, the main river and the tributaries below the Rt 50 bridge were still reddish brown from a mahogany tide. I fished briefly near the Naval Academy and had no bites. I crossed the Bay Bridge about noon today. From that height, much of the bay looked reddish brown colored too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Came across bridge about 11:30 this morning, seemed worse on eastern shore side, but definitely still reddish brown

Severn looked really bad.

Chris

Thanks guys! Iíll Probably give it a try and work south a bit. Anything for a change from being still locked down up here in Montgomery County!

Whitehall Bay seems to be clearing up a bit. I can noticeably see the channels clearing more that the near shore areas..

Quote Originally Posted by skorcher View Post
    Whitehall Bay seems to be clearing up a bit. I can noticeably see the channels clearing more that the near shore areas..
    Probably NW wind helping. Down in Solomonís the water is the clearest in years. Crazy.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

As of Mon morning the water around Tolly Point is still pretty brown. The water in Eastern Bay has been pretty good from what I have seen

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I was out today around noon to 3. Trolled past Tollys - dirty , dirty water. Went across to # 88 - dirty the entire way.

I had last of outgoing - then a nice incoming. Water did nor get any cleaner with incoming .

Plus side - fish are there.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I was drifting Podicory Point today from noon till 3 and it was muddy everywhere. Got a few perch with frozen blood worms and a few bite offs with frozen alewive I had saved. Lots of marks at the drop off but nothing exciting.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements