Need some Help Hand Held Signal Horn - What's a good one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Hand Held Signal Horn - What's a good one?

Had a Falcon metal hand held that was nice and solid and had a great tone. On line sites are in the $60 range for a current model Falcon. Plastic ones are one third the price. Are the plastic ones durable? Do they sound like a goose? Should I just get another metal one?

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. Anybody have one that is collecting dust?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Us a whistle. Around your neck.

Not what I asked about but thanks for taking the time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rock 'n load View Post
    Not what I asked about but thanks for taking the time.
    I have a plastic falcon and its loud as hell. Really have to be careful to hold it away from boat and passengers when using it. When I'm not on the water I unscrew the can and it seems to last longer.

Thank you!

I know its not what you asked about but....Have you considered just installing a car horn and push-button switch?

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. Handheld is actually to serve an unorthodox purpose. My house backs to Wheaton Regional Park. Wifey walks it but is not too fond of dogs. Dogs are supposed to be leashed but nine out of ten are not. A pulse of the horn stops dogs dead in their tracks. Off leash does not bother me despite being nipped in the ass recently. Yeah I went bat shit on the owner.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bear spray works wonders, no noise to attract the attention of Park goers, also good for use against thugs, and kept handy around the house.
    Funny story about a boat horn noise level. Just the other day I was in our boat, doing tidbits of stuff, and I forgot to bring something onboard with me. Boat was on its trailer next to the house. Wife was in the house. Noticing a screen was in one of the house windows, and not wanting to climb out of the boat to retrieve what I forgot, i caught her attention by sounding our canister style boat horn. Neighbor came running out of his house, wondering what that noise was all about. He thought it was a semi, which had to be lost if on our dead end street.
    BTW - ours has the plastic horn.

I'd love to be able to focus sound like a flashlight. Something that loud with a different frequency could truly be debilitating - but I digress. I have bear spray but that is even less focused and a one-and-done thing. Yes amazing how loud those horns are...

Default Handheld horn

After a close encounter with a Hinckley picnic boat that almost ran me over while I had 16 rods and boards out I asked a buddy in a boat dealership about installing a car-type horn in the boat. He told me that the handheld ones are louder. I had a small handheld and upgraded to a Falcon.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast