Fishing Report The Year of the Trout?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default The Year of the Trout?

All-

Over the past couple weeks, I have been catching quite a few specs/trout, and pretty big (3 have been over 20"). I am fishing in the Little Choptank area, and do not recall catching trout this early in the year, in these numbers, and with this size. Last year I caught a ton of smaller trout 10-16" in the late summer/early fall, but this year it's more like 14-22". The mild winter should be good for the trout, like crabs. Are others seeing the same? I have a friend down in the lower bay, and he is really getting lots of trout, and big too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Walleye Pete has been catching some nice specs and a few Spanish. Yes it is early for them. A 35" bluefish was slso caught in the middle bay. Hopefully the mild Winter will pay off with good crabbing and fishing......... Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yes the fishing for them has been very good- but the pressure is insane. As reported in other threads fishing activity is through the roof. My buddy counted 35 boats fishing peeler for trout and redfish in one spot in tangier sound. I'm just glad the creel limit was reduced a few years ago. Actually I wish It was only 2 instead of 4. Lots around but they are getting pounded for sure.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shoot-straight View Post
    Yes the fishing for them has been very good- but the pressure is insane. As reported in other threads fishing activity is through the roof. My buddy counted 35 boats fishing peeler for trout and redfish in one spot in tangier sound..
    It never ceases to amaze me how lazy/unimaginative people can be.
    Trout are being caught all over almost w/in sight of the BB and people still have to knot up.
    I fished sunday from my 'yak, not a soul near me and had a boat come and post up so close I was listening to their conversations...

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Fish around Hoopers / Fishing Creek every other weekend. Caught Specs last year. Nothing so far this year but the talk is they are a lot of them around.
    David B

Blog Entries

Talk is cheap there not there.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Ive caught a few small specs in the lower pax, hoping for a run of the larger ones soon. For the lure casters, what is your favorite to throw? I've just been using a char. jighead (i think 1/2 oz) with a 4" gulp minnow in either white or glow color.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fishing creek View Post
    Fish around Hoopers / Fishing Creek every other weekend. Caught Specs last year. Nothing so far this year but the talk is they are a lot of them around.
    David B
    Keep tryin.. I'm a little north of you and was successful with them last weekend.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Slipsinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tlester View Post
    Ive caught a few small specs in the lower pax, hoping for a run of the larger ones soon. For the lure casters, what is your favorite to throw? I've just been using a char. jighead (i think 1/2 oz) with a 4" gulp minnow in either white or glow color.

Cheers!
    I'm old school when it comes to fishing for specs. My favorite lure is a tandem rigged 1 oz red and white SPRO Bucktail tipped with Perdue Peeler.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tlester View Post

Cheers!
    Good lure and gulp choice. They hit lots of different soft plastic baits in 3-4 inch length, also consider chartreuse.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast