Fishing Report Perch in the Morning-Rock in the afternoon 6/3

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Perch in the Morning-Rock in the afternoon 6/3

My son will be 6 on the 4th and when I asked him what he wanted to do he said I want to go fishing. He wanted to catch fast fish (what he has called perch since he was 3) then I want to catch a big fish (rock) started out on the backside of millers island In 12 feet of water. We caught perch and a few spot. At 12:30 pulled the anchor and ran to Swan pt. Put 6 rods over 2 tandem buck tails with 6oz and 10 oz inline weights and 4 rods with down planners and drone spoons. Picked up a 17 incher before I got the third rod out and another same size just as I set the last. Stayed in the general hour and bite was red hot picked up a nice 24 on #2 planner out 10 bars, then a double 25 inchers on a tandem one was full of sores so went back. Looking for one more turned the boat towards home and figured we could pick up the last one in that direction. Wasn’t long the #3 planner out 6 was bouncing good, I told my son this one was all him. He kept the rod in the holder and with a little struggle got the 28 incher to the boat. Reeled I’m in and headed for home. No doubt a birthday trip we will both remember. Water was much cleaner than Memorial Day but still some spots that were the water was brown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40ABE20A-59F4-4B17-95D2-1DA27BE77793_1591314444295.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	933.6 KB 
ID:	255967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C4456EE-F080-4537-948A-ADD6664A8066_1591314463810.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	255969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84394BAD-A669-4314-A1C9-DD6986372CEC_1591314493931.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	255971  

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Nice pictures. I want to catch fast fish. Love it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

For me it has been the porch in the morning and the rocker in the afternoon.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great pics. I am leaving work in 7 hours and 15 minutes. Wont fish until tomorrow so i spend most of Friday daydreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by 24Albemarle View Post
    My son will be 6 on the 4th and when I asked him what he wanted to do he said I want to go fishing. He wanted to catch fast fish (what he has called perch since he was 3) then I want to catch a big fish (rock) started out on the backside of millers island In 12 feet of water. We caught perch and a few spot. At 12:30 pulled the anchor and ran to Swan pt. Put 6 rods over 2 tandem buck tails with 6oz and 10 oz inline weights and 4 rods with down planners and drone spoons. Picked up a 17 incher before I got the third rod out and another same size just as I set the last. Stayed in the general hour and bite was red hot picked up a nice 24 on #2 planner out 10 bars, then a double 25 inchers on a tandem one was full of sores so went back. Looking for one more turned the boat towards home and figured we could pick up the last one in that direction. Wasn’t long the #3 planner out 6 was bouncing good, I told my son this one was all him. He kept the rod in the holder and with a little struggle got the 28 incher to the boat. Reeled I’m in and headed for home. No doubt a birthday trip we will both remember. Water was much cleaner than Memorial Day but still some spots that were the water was brown.
    Thanks for the report. Father/son memories on the water are precious....Joe

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great report and sounds like all his birthday wishes came true! Glad he got a big one, what a great memory on the water for yall.

Great trip and you're so lucky that your son loves fishing...I couldn't pry my 12 year old out of his room for anything other than meal time.

11. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements