Sad News Snakeheads off Sandy Point - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Brice View Post
    My high school watermen friend who works the Chester river only caught a couple last spring, but his spring he caught 10 plastic toots full of them.
    Tell your friend to check out what they are bringing in the asian markets. Supposed to be a high dollar fish there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 27 sailfish View Post
    Friend sent me photo of two snakeheads caught by commercial crab pots off Sandy Point.

I've been fishing near there for Spot and on two different days saw a fish break surface. Could not tell what I saw but sure it was not a Ray.

I'm thinking now these may have been Snakeheads - shape / color from what I saw seem right.

There are a lot of small 3-5 inch Rock in the 6 to 12 foot depths - easy pickings for Snakeheads. Scary to think the damage they can do.
    The snakes are mighty tasty, cook off with rock fish cod, and orange ruffy, flounder and snake head won every time with blind taste test.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It's a delicacy here for Asian people, a medium sized ones are going for $30-$40 each here from what I heard from the people that fishing for them at Chain Bridge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23