new boat electronics
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Question new boat electronics

Good day. Due to various reasons it has been over 10 years since I have done any posting on this site. I am ready to start again but need some ideas/ help.

I am purchasing a 21 foot Mako and want to take it to the triangle wrecks, anywhere in the bay, and Ches Light among other places.
    I want a chart /depth finder/gps combination a Radio to listen to the weather, coast guard and fishermen.

I am looking for all suggestions but I don't want to spend over 700 on any one item if I can keep it that low and still get what I want.

For those of you who have been to the triangle and light house can you suggest a good anchor and the amount of rope I will need? Thank you for all
    Hope to be posting soon
    Tight Lines
    Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

First and foremost, Buy a GOOD radio and antenna, 8footer. $400-$500 would do very well. Don't forget -- Its your life-line if you need help. Lowrance has some fairly good stuff, but you get what you pay for. You need at least a 600 watt transducer. Look at the cost of chart chips when pricing a GPS, Finder Sounder.
    I have Furuno GPS, Finder/sounder/ Chart plotter on my Grady-white and its extremely accurate for position and as a chart plotter, The fish Finder has multiple options for reading the water column, the bottom and is tunable in manual mode for Gain. Comes in handy when trying to dial in a thermal break. Shop around. There a lot of stuff out there.
    I have found that ICOM radios w/ Digital brand antenna works very well. The higher the antenna tip, the more range you will have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements