Question Kids first head boat trip OC
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Kids first head boat trip OC

Looking to see which boat you would recommend taking my kids on for their first fishing trip. I have been eyeing these 3 boats out of OC for some bay fishing for a 3 hour trip

Miss OC Fishing
    Happy Hooker
    Tortuga

Anyone fished these boats or recommend one over the other?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Whenever I have seen those boats they seem crowded and seem to be more “mass production”. Head boats have alot of competition for fish, especially if targeting flounder. The best headboat in my opinion is the MorningStar with Monty Hawkins if you're looking for offshore Sea Bass and now Flounder.

If you have the $$ Ocean City Guide Service does a 3 hour trip for $350. It will probably be a little more personal, but just like anything, that attention costs.

Also look at Get Sum Charters and Chasin Tides Charters. Depending on the age of your kids, Chasin Tides does evening inshore shark trips just outside the inlet that would be an adventure.

If you’re set on a back bay head boat, probably Happy Hooker, just because of smaller size.

Good luck

Chris

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by done workin View Post
    Whenever I have seen those boats they seem crowded and seem to be more “mass production”. Head boats have alot of competition for fish, especially if targeting flounder. The best headboat in my opinion is the MorningStar with Monty Hawkins if you're looking for offshore Sea Bass and now Flounder.

If you have the $$ Ocean City Guide Service does a 3 hour trip for $350. It will probably be a little more personal, but just like anything, that attention costs.

Also look at Get Sum Charters and Chasin Tides Charters. Depending on the age of your kids, Chasin Tides does evening inshore shark trips just outside the inlet that would be an adventure.

If you’re set on a back bay head boat, probably Happy Hooker, just because of smaller size.

Good luck

Chris
    this .

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements