Fishing Report West River/South Creek
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Post West River/South Creek

Went out with two friends around 8:30 this morning, fished mostly the ends of the many piers in the river. Have recently started jigging around and below the piers which has proved to be more effective than casting for perch. I can't believe there is any more aggressive species than perch, they seem to chase any small lure you throw at them. Today I used a small white grub which they couldn't resist. The river is also full of small rockfish, 12-16 inches, that fight nicely on light tackle. I ended up keeping 10 fish over 10 inches, biggest was 11.5. I was lucky to have found a used Hobie kayak last year, it's a wonderful craft to fish shallow waters. If you want to get kids hooked on fishing perch would be the way to go!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If you're looking for a more established neighbourhood that still has a "suburban" feel, don't rule out the Fort Garry/Parker area. Some of the streets off Point Road on the east side of Pembina have some pretty large lots, and the houses on the west side are right by the rapid transit line.

snaptube vidmate word to pdf
    Last edited by winkybile; 09-30-2020 at 07:10 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements