Fishing Report 41A

Thread: 41A

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 41A

Fished north and south of 41A with squid and shrimp/ Not even a bite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I was in that general area Saturday. Trolled from the mouth of the rivers SE to 41-A, then N to just N of 2R. Caught one very small Mac and lost another Mac/Bluefish, both between the river(s) mouth and 41-A, nothing after that. I had a large Tony spoon WWB with no weight or planer that was periodically it was popping out of the water. Just N of 2R, rod went down, drag screaming. I took it out of the rod holder and after about 3-4 seconds, it was gone, before we could even slow the boat. Any thoughts on what that may have been. Cobia, large Drum?? Would either of those hit a bait being trolled at 7-8mph? A nice day on the water although the wind did pick up in the early afternoon. I saw very little activity on the screen.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have had people tell me they have caught cobia trolling for Spanish . Never has happened to me but I don’t see why they wouldn’t if they are hungry.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bay2Day View Post
    I was in that general area Saturday. Trolled from the mouth of the rivers SE to 41-A, then N to just N of 2R. Caught one very small Mac and lost another Mac/Bluefish, both between the river(s) mouth and 41-A, nothing after that. I had a large Tony spoon WWB with no weight or planer that was periodically it was popping out of the water. Just N of 2R, rod went down, drag screaming. I took it out of the rod holder and after about 3-4 seconds, it was gone, before we could even slow the boat. Any thoughts on what that may have been. Cobia, large Drum?? Would either of those hit a bait being trolled at 7-8mph? A nice day on the water although the wind did pick up in the early afternoon. I saw very little activity on the screen.
    I bet you snagged a ray

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I hadn’t even considered that, but I guess it is certainly a possibility. Thanks!

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Ray feel like clump of grass,, red have a fish feel, but. often. don't fight hard till they see boat.. Huge Spanish make a run! Cobe -Can run hard,or swim at

boat, then fight like hell

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements