Fishing Report Easy day - Sandy Point

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Easy day - Sandy Point

My new fishing buddy Terrence called me last night - seeing if we could fish. I said sure but let's met about 9 am. Idea was to let north wind die out. Slack current would be about 11:45 am - I figured hour to get Spot , 1/2 hour to run , leaves good hour to get two Rock.

He called me early this morning - asking if his mom and dad could go. I said sure - myself and 3 people is just right on my boat.

We left Sandy Point and went looking for Spot. More crab pots in area - took a little time to find open area. I often worry not seeing floats - might be the underwater line of pots.

We did not snag any nor did anchor so must have found a blank spot. We had a slow bite but added Spot to well - all keeping count. Had a few Black sea Bass mixed in - one 10 inches long. Got to 22 spot and pulled anchor. Wind had dropped but still a nice breeze.

Trimmed bow a kiss and ran nice at 28 knots. Found the Rock area and set anchor in 25 feet. Terrence had a new rig - kinda heavy - IMHO - but he wanted to use it. I set out a rig with a Spot - Frances ( his mom ) was amazed a rock would eat it whole.

Terrence got a hit but was a touch fast reeling. So tough for new live liners to count to 5. Other line got hit - Frances listened and soon was tight to a 24 incher. Terrence Sr got next one - about the same. Terrence Jr got one to stick - 23 incher.

I got last one - about 25 inches. It was about 11:30 and limit ( 4 ) in cooler - love it when plan works out.

We went after Perch nearby in 20 feet and found a few but got more Spot. Decided to go to bridge and it paid off with some nice double headers. Water is really looking good - algae bloom gone.

We only kept Perch over 9 inches - throwing back about 3 for each keeper.

Frances had brought a deli - I'm not a big eater but sure was nice having fresh made sandwiches. Terrence Jr was asking me a lot of questions - I smiled thinking back to the guys who took time to teach me. Many are gone but cool to pass their knowledge down. His dad asked me if he was bugging me - I assured him - no. Love to see the fishing addiction in others.

We fished until about 2:00 and ran in over almost flat bay. Divided up the catch - home early enough to give hull a good wash with hull cleaner. She was looking dirty from algae.

Nice fun day - I got feeling Terrence will be a regular fishing buddy.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Nice work! You really tackled them all!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good job Skip. You've always been one to help teach the sport and share it with others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

You've got to love it when everything seems to work just right. Nice job Skip.

Mike

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great story! How many perch did you all keep?

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements