Fishing Report Shark near sandy point? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I've never heard of sharks north of the patexuent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

There are tons of cownose rays around the Bridge Right now. Often they are splashing on the surface

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bull sharks are known to come up near Bay bridge. This shark can actually go into fresh water. The shark populations are way down and a little early for bull shark in our area but never know. August and Sept seem to be when Bulls come up our way.

The cownose rays are mating right now. Often 2 males will chase a female - giving impression of one long creature. They also splash along surface. The wing tip can fool people into thinking it is a shark fin.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I remember reading a story back in the late 70s or early 80s about a 600lb Bull Shark that was caught near the Bay Bridge. Story said that it took over eight hours for the guy to land it and that it towed his boat for many miles during the fight.

Maybe it was O Sea D that I was reading about.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

"Chesapeake Bay Program
    June 01, 2020
    Hey Brian, most sharks stay further south in the saltier parts of the bay. However, bull sharks can tolerate freshwater and have been observed north of the Bay Bridge all the way up to the mouth of the Susquehanna River. It’s likely that they are in Crab Alley occasionally, but in low numbers. Based on historical sightings, they are most likely to be in the upper Bay from July to September.

Brian Euler
    May 24, 2020
    Do sharks live in crab alley?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    I've never heard of sharks north of the patexuent.
    What! How old are you?

Blog Entries

I wish I had a camera back in them days. Some people just don't believe. There were bull sharks at the bay Bridge at night. Ask DNR. if you don't believe a few of us old farts. You can read all the articles you want. That is hear say. A few of us were there and seen it.

Blog Entries

I just thought of this. Why wouldn't bull sharks come up to the bay bridge. We had a manatee in Queenstown Creek years ago. Came all the way from FL. two years in a row. DNR couldn't catch it so they could return it to FL. So they called the watermen and they caught it with no problem. They were out of heads of lettuce in Stevensville. We were feeding it to the manatee. I also caught a redfish one time in Queenstown Creek. No camera back then.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast