Fishing Report Perch 7/12/20

Thread: Perch 7/12/20

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Perch 7/12/20

Wheelchair Willy has 17 perch in a bag hanging on his door knob. I had to stop fishing around 8:15 AM because of the heat. No large perch today. Attachment 256427Attachment 256429 Choptank River.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default the skunk is off

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Wheelchair Willy has 17 perch in a bag hanging on his door knob. I had to stop fishing around 8:15 AM because of the heat. No large perch today. Attachment 256427Attachment 256429 Choptank River.
    Glad to see your back on the fish despite heat. I think we are getting a small break in hot weather next couple days.Spinner bait bite I see. Good luck this week.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

You're a good man, Andy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Gotta love those perch! That jig is quite interesting. is that one of the ones that you put together? Are you using 1/8 oz heads? I find the 1/16 oz heads to be a little too light.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCat09 View Post
    Gotta love those perch! That jig is quite interesting. is that one of the ones that you put together? Are you using 1/8 oz heads? I find the 1/16 oz heads to be a little too light.
    I am using the 1/16 jigs. Yes I do put them together. I order the spinners on Amazon. They are not really spinners. They don't spin like a Mepps. They are a flashing blade. They are called safety pin spinners if you want to order them. I think #2 size blade. You get 10 in a pack.Attachment 256431 You probably know all this, but might help someone out.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Walmart sells the jigs like six in a bag when they have them. It's the only color I have seen on the shelves. The only problem with them is that stained water stains the white hair and it won't come out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john from md View Post
    Walmart sells the jigs like six in a bag when they have them. It's the only color I have seen on the shelves. The only problem with them is that stained water stains the white hair and it won't come out.
    We don't have that problem with stained water were we fish on the Eastern Shore. But I know what your talking about. Some ponds have stained water. I only use them in tide water like the Choptank and Tread Avon rivers for white perch.

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements