Good Information Yiks! There's sharks in these waters.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Hello Andrew, yes bull sharks do venture up the bay into Maryland's waters and the Bay Bridge used to attract them in the 1970's so it is possible a few visit the area during the summer when salinity values rise due to the lack of rain. Every year a few are caught in pounds nets in the middle and lower bay.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
    Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    Subject: CUSTOMER_EMAIL
    To: [email protected] [email protected]>

Years ago while fishing the Bay Bridge at night with ells, we had large hooked rock fish bit in half. All we would bring in was a rock fish head dripping blood. Are there bull sharks around the Bay Bridge? Could that have been sharks biting our fish in half? I know it wasn't blue fish. Thanks, hope you can help. Some of the younger fishermen don't believe when we tell them there are sharks at the Bay Bridge at times at night.----------- I didn't see where I could ask a question. Could you please send this to the right people?
    Last edited by andypat; 07-15-2020 at 02:06 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The topic isn't even debatable.
    There be sharks in the Bay. Bigguns.
    And I know with certainty that this pic is real.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

I remember that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Had an 8-9 foot bull follow hooked rock to within 2 feet of the boat, twice, in 3.5' of water, half way up the Choptank, 4 years ago. Spooky thing is when the shark went back under there was no sign of it around even in that depth, and it was slick cam. That was the 3rd I've seen in the river and have no doubt they come every year. All were 1st half of July.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Charter captains make a living off big Sharks in the Palm Beach area. As soon as you stop your boat in 200 ft or less the Sharks come a running, There are usually Bulls, yellow, Atlantic Sharpnose, Hammerheads, Tigers. When a fish is caught the Sharks go into a feeding frenzy and attack the hooked fish or the angler wins and gets his fish intact. Thursday we lost two nice Kings a bunch of Mutton Snappers and a keeper Black Grouper. The Shark population is booming due to no commercial fishing for them. The customers love seeing them and love the brutal attacks.

Blog Entries

I had a few too close while wading in Lemon Bay in FL. I just stayed calm and very slowly got back to the beach and then watched it feed on a school of mullet. Really something to see, a shark feeding in shallow water. I didn't have a camera then.
    Last edited by andypat; 07-18-2020 at 03:56 PM.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements