Fishing Report Fun day with white Perch

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fun day with white Perch

Fellow TFer Crabby and son ( Gary ) and his friend Pat met me at Sandy Point at 7 am. Tide was low and still falling - breeze from NE.

We ran across choppy bay hoping Love Point would knock chop down but no luck. Wind shifted to due north. No big deal for deep V - boat ran nice at 27 knots.

Looked around for Perch - found a school but all were about 7-8 inchers. Moved a few times and found better grade - plus a few Spot. I love to use strips of filleted Spot for Perch. We had a decent bite until outgoing current stopped. Moved to bridge and was able to anchor in shade and ate early lunch.

Incoming current prediction was a minor - I worried it would be held back by north wind. We watched a few big jellyfish stay by stern - ever so slowly move north.

With incoming starting - moved and found a few more Perch. Cooler has a magic marker line at 10 inches - self imposed size limit. The over 10 inch Perch were going in cooler faster as current moved.

We took gamble to try Podickery as wind had laid down. Found fewer Perch but almost all were " keepers ". Had a few small Croakers mixed in - plus two Bluefish about 12 inches.

Finished up about 3:00 as the weak incoming stopped. Easy run back to ramp - Pat was great guest and had boat cockpit clean.

They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for a great day of fishing (catching) Skip. Pat is a good friend and also the Mayor of Mt Airy. He had a great time and and while he picked up his girlfriend, I filleted all the fish and we had a great fish fry. I doused them in Old Bay hot sauce, coated them in House Autry and deep fried them In peanut oil. Outstanding dinner! Thanks again for a great day.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Sounds like a fun day and nice fish - Crabby is making me hungry with that description. Seeing more and more reports of blues around

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow! You all must have caught over 100 perch! Nice going! Do you anchor or drift?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice job on the perch fishing. Nice looking cooler of fish. The perch are starting to get bigger in size. I'm with you Skip, when the perch are plentiful I usually only keep the ones over 10". They are easier to clean and nicer fillets.

Mike

Dinner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200714-210146_Facebook_1594813743771.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	838.0 KB 
ID:	256443  

River Cat - I anchor 99% of time. My boat drifts fast.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Dinner
    That looks delicious Gary! Waiting for one of my engine to be fixed so I can go get some perch like you guys. Stern drive suckssss.

Nice catch

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements