Working birds - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Working birds

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

It's always been like that, especially in the upper bay. If it isn't some one trolling through your school it's someone barrel assing up to the school to cast to them driving the school down. Hopefully you get your fish before they plow down on you.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Screw everybody else - they need to get theirs. Makes the world a great place. It's a guy thing with many.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

punks. they do it alot around cedar point / mouth of the pax too. but rec. fishers do the same thing too. either troll right through the school or race up to them, music blasting, and yelling. all of which spook fish quickly... i just want to creep upto / hang on the edges and cast for macks, is that too much to ask?

every time i spotted a school last weekend, this one boat in particular would race up from hundreds of yards away and be right up on me and into the school. what, they can't spot their own schools? can't do their own scouting? yet want to wreck it for me who was doing their diligence and being careful not to spook anything?

ok rant over....

for those interested, i caught this a few weeks back. They talk about spooking fish, and used some mic's to record underwater sounds coming from above the water to see exactly how loud we are while on deck. pretty interesting!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...2a67cfdf6f052e

Cheers!!

I had the exact thing happen to me last week, I am on fish LTJ, and he decides to troll within 20yds of me. I told my wife I am going to rig one rod with a two ounce jig and if they do if again I’m gonna start chuckin. Seriously though, I am gonna take video in future and will be blasting them on social media. Hope that helps their business. They don’t want us catching “their” fish.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T27 View Post
    At least the first guy was fishing. Guy 2 was just being a dick. I know a couple of reliable and decent charter guys. But if they pulled that crap on a trip my friends paid for, they'd never see us again. Thing is - they'd never do it.

We need names.
    One time i was fishing a shoreline a cast from shore and was the only boat on the whole river . I hear a boat coming down the river and he purposely drives between me and the shoreline to try to scare any fish away. Before the waves stopped banging against the shoreline and my boat and his boat was still in sight , I hooked and landed a nice sized striper . I couldn't believe it . Maybe the bashing waves against the shoreline attracted the Striper to seek a battered baitfish up against the shore You never know.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

In Florida it is the dive boats, they think all the reefs and wrecks are theirs to dive on. Next biggest a holes are the idiots in their personal watercraft and coming in third are the hot babes and guys on the stand up paddle boards who love to get in the way of big boats and make them swerve out of the way. Most of our breakers out to 3 miles are Bonita and they spook when you get near them. The good breakers are Tuna fish and the party boats don't venture that far out.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Hey wino, how about the snow birds blocking the boat ramps.Not on the ramp.jpg

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Last time I was out at the bb fishing on my kayak, I was jigging the rock on a piling. Keep pulling the dinks off the top and playing tag with the keepers below. It was a lot of fun. Not too many people out and plenty of action on the free pilings all over... a boat came up and circled my spot like a shark then backed right into the up current corner I was working and dropped anchor and started live lining. Fishing went dead... dang googans

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

A) its not 'your school'
    B) im trolling in a line to skirt the edge of 'your school' and suddenly 6 blast-n-casters come racing up and drive the school right in front of me. Or better yet run up and stop their boat right in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by uncljohn View Post
    A) its not 'your school'
    B) im trolling in a line to skirt the edge of 'your school' and suddenly 6 blast-n-casters come racing up and drive the school right in front of me. Or better yet run up and stop their boat right in front of me.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Sasquatch View Post
    Last time I was out at the bb fishing on my kayak, I was jigging the rock on a piling. Keep pulling the dinks off the top and playing tag with the keepers below. It was a lot of fun. Not too many people out and plenty of action on the free pilings all over... a boat came up and circled my spot like a shark then backed right into the up current corner I was working and dropped anchor and started live lining. Fishing went dead... dang googans
    It happens, it's all part of fishing. I wouldn't call them a googan any more than I would call you a selfish prick. But then again sounds like most of the guys complaining are. Mind you I keep my distance a respect other people's space. But some of you guys act like you own the water.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast