Good Information Fishing and boating during the Covid crisis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fishing and boating during the Covid crisis

Just an FYI.

I sent a quick note to the DGIF, now Virginia DWR re the effect of the covid crisis, their reply:

"The Department sold 43,690 freshwater fishing licenses through the end of July 2019. So far in July 2020, we've sold 46,228 which we expect is a result of people spending more time in the outdoors during COVID 19. Boat sales are also up compared to this time last year."

and
    " ...when it comes to fishing tackle, hunting gear, and even boats and kayaks sales. Green Top and Bass Pro have been picked clean. I have learned if you see it, need it, you better buy it quick. I have talked to the managers of both stores and the problem is with a major delay from distributors who say the manufactures have fallen way behind"

Just guessing that the Maryland DNR saw a similar growth in fishing and boating activity and sales.

Bill
    https://dwr.virginia.gov/

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Bill,

Every tackle shop or place that sells tackle has empty shelves. Walmart's fishing dept. looks like it's going out of business. I'm was lucky enough to get stocked up on my storm shads early at Walmart and get my mepp's spinners from a local shop. I'm not going to mention them so they still have some when I go this weekend to stock up on whatever they have. Mepp's lures are made in Antigo, Wisconsin which is having a high covid rate, maybe that's why there's a shortage. Maybe they are not currently working or making any. Like you said, if you see it you better buy it. This could last a while.

Mike

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

From what I'm seeing, they're all fishing for Snakeheads. Once they're caught up , the party is over . The shelves will also get restocked when many people start going back to work next week. I've quit fishing for Snakeheads during the spawn, and Stripers during the heat . I 've given them a break.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 07-29-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Many tackle shops have low inventory as well as Bass Pro.Online orders are taking over a month to get, especially if it is coming from China......... Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I canít believe there are folks out there that need anything. Iíll die before I use all of the shit Iíve got. I still have unopened jars of pork rind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    I canít believe there are folks out there that need anything. Iíll die before I use all of the shit Iíve got. I still have unopened jars of pork rind.
    Same here but I keep buying more fishing stuff like I'm going still be fishing when I'm 150 .
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Quote Originally Posted by mremmfish View Post
    Bill,

Every tackle shop or place that sells tackle has empty shelves. Walmart's fishing dept. looks like it's going out of business. I'm was lucky enough to get stocked up on my storm shads early at Walmart and get my mepp's spinners from a local shop. I'm not going to mention them so they still have some when I go this weekend to stock up on whatever they have. Mepp's lures are made in Antigo, Wisconsin which is having a high covid rate, maybe that's why there's a shortage. Maybe they are not currently working or making any. Like you said, if you see it you better buy it. This could last a while.

Mike

The whole time I thought Mepps lures are made in France.

Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    Same here but I keep buying more fishing stuff like I'm going still be fishing when I'm 150 .

You mean you're not?????????

That's only another 70-80 years away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vietpimp999 View Post
    The whole time I thought Mepps lures are made in France.
    I also thought they came from France. When we were kids some of the Soldiers brought home from France Mitchel 300, and Mepps. They were the big thing in fishing back in them days. Mitchel 300 and Mepps everyone had them.

Blog Entries

When French engineer Andre Meulnart invented the Mepps spinner in 1938, it wasn't long before he realized it was an extremely effective fishing lure. He didn't realize, however, he had invented a lure that would revolutionize the fishing tackle industry. LOL! I was borne in 1938 and had some Mepps Spinners ten years later.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast