Question Do you like perch?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Do you like perch?

This weekend is a rare one for me. My son and my buddy are both tied up with other commitments and can't fish. That leaves an opening on my boat for someone who wants to put some perch in their freezer. I will (hopefully) show you how well you can catch perch on the Severn River using the mepp's spinner. I will be launching from Truxton Park and can pick you up from the Safeway shopping center on Forest Drive. I usually like to be there around 5:30am. If you have a rod for perch fishing, not a 10' rod feel free to use your own. If not I will have an extra on the boat. I will supply the gas, ice, drinks, and a snack. All you need is you and your cooler if you plan on keeping fish. As always this is weather permitting as I will not go out if there is a forecast for rain or storms (safety first). First person to respond will get the opportunity.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Very generous offer Mike! I'm sure a taker will be on here momentarily!

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Mike, I sent you a PM...... Gary

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    Mike, I sent you a PM...... Gary
    This sounds like fun, please post a trip report!

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What a great offer. Wish you two the best of luck.

Where were you when I was a pier fisherman Mike ??? Lol ...Very nice and generous of you, Hope you guys have a blast.

Indeed, nice of you to make the offer. I live off the South River and boat fished it and the mid-bay for years, but in all that time never fished up the Severn. Guess I got it in my head that once out on the bay no real need to go back into a river (the idea of Annapolis boat traffic didn't help either). Now I'm a shore fisherman who's thinking hard about getting into kayaking. I do well enough perching in our creek, but wish I'd explored Severn some more. Good luck on your trip.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Mike, You will have a good time fishing with Chuck. Lots of laughs too! Tight lines....... Gary

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Very cool of you to be so generous, hope yall get good weather and great fish.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I used Mepps spinners for years , now prefer the small KastMaster spoons, I typically remove treble hook and replace with single hook.
    They cast way better and catch as many if not more, with out twisting line or fouling in line when casting.
    Spec of blood worm on the hook and catch one almost every cast if the perch are biting.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements