Fishing Report Thursday - Sandy Point

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Thursday - Sandy Point

Met fellow TFer Lubbermo ( Mike ) at Sandy Point at 8 am. He had a dozen bloodworms from Marty's. We launched on a high tide - with 3-4 hours left of incoming.

Ran out to where I found Spot yesterday - we had a slow bite but with one Rock limit , really don't need many. We had about a dozen in live well when I saw live well was not pumping. The pump was hot - overheated. The Rule pump is easy to take off once sea cock is closed. Took a few minutes for pump to cool down but it was running. Open sea cock a kiss to see water pour in - no idea. Theory is something got sucked into the intake.

Pump ran fine rest of day. We did see some big logs - kayak size , so perhaps debris got pulled into strainer.

With Spot in well - went after Rock. Cloudy and flat calm - perfect conditions. Found Rock and got hits but missed too many. Good solid hits - finally boated a fat 28 incher as current slowed. Cussing myself for not dropping few more Spot in live well.

We tried for more Spot but after about hour ran back to bridge. Water level was very high on pilings - current barely moving. We got Spot faster and soon had more than enough for second Rock.

Ran back to where we were but no current. Odd - figured out going would be strong. We tried another area near Magothy - but now wind was from south pushing against out going. No fish around so ran to one last area. Mike fished and had few hits but no hook ups.

Finally got one to stick - 19 1/2 incher made for a well earned limit. Ran back to Sandy Point - watching for logs. Let Spot go about where we caught them. Got to ramp about 4:00.

On way out of the park - saw wild Turkeys near the booth / gate. First ones I've seen here.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Skip, A Capt.friend of mine is making these. His name is Steve Betz. He calls it the Betz Box. I heard the fishermen like it. 119646822_10217349471239876_4704187387516693227_n.jpg119968485_10217365600963109_8261324969276598402_o.jpg119996057_10217365600763104_1676083860286903450_o.jpg

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice job on the limit Skip, the spot should be disappearing soon.

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the outing Skip. It was great to be out on the bay again after being boatless for better than a year. Despite the few breakoffs - one with me looking to play a hook-up when I should have been combat fishing - I think we made what we could out of very little current. I've always found the fishing the bridge a unique challenge and the depth of your experience about what's in and around the pilings added another piece to the puzzle. Toss in some nice boat handling against an opposing wind toward the end of the day and we got our limit. Thanks again for sticking with it.
    Mike

Blog Entries

How can we delete a post. Sometimes I post something where I should not go. Thanks!

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    How can we delete a post. Sometimes I post something where I should not go. Thanks!
    Andy, It happens, just go back and edit it with your "delete" bar and then repost. No one can read what you posted in error.

Blog Entries

[quote=

[color="

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHuz View Post
    Andy, It happens, just go back and edit it with your "delete" bar and then repost. No one can read what you posted in error.
    I can't get it to delete.

Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

The "EDIT POST" (delete) option is available for only a short time period after making the post. Then it disappears.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements