Good Information Remember the guy that had over 30 illegal striped bass? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    8

    Default

    It's crazy that anyone can legally kill a rockfish in the bay at this point; but they can and will until the last one is gone.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanna View Post
    So Drum? You are ok with everyone poaching because you don't like the 2 per person charter rules? The rules may not be what you think is fair. But poaching is against the law and hurts the fishery. Charters keeping 2 striped bass for their customers isn't against the law.
    I have been on 3 different charter boats this year. NONE were allowed to keep a fish for either the Captain or mate. According to the Captains that was part of the rules they had to change in 2020. Along with the reporting requirements others mentioned.

    QUOTE=drumsfield;3382285]That's hilarious. Who made it legal for the charter boats to take more than everyone else?
    [/QUOTE]

    So Tan? Here's a new word for you

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

  4. #23
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    The State of MD......... Gary
    *fixed for you* politicians..... Drum

  5. #24
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    *fixed for you* politicians..... Drum
    I don't agree with it either but I also don't agree with breaking the law.......... Gary

  6. #25
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanna View Post
    Well he got probation before judgement for his sentence. Not much of a punishment for 30 plus fish!!!

    @MDNRPolice in the Kent Narrows area charged a Capitol Heights man with illegally possessing over 30 striped bass. Carlos Saravia, 35, was charged with exceeding the limit of striped bass. The fish were returned to state waters due to the food banks being closed.
    BROWN PRIVILEGE? "I didn't understand the rules because they were written in English?" Could it be?

  7. #26
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    One guy taking 30 fish or charters taking 2 per person... My vote is for the 30 fish. Charters are taking way more than 30 fish.
    Charters have nothing to do with this. He broke the law and needs a punishment that will deter further lawbreaking. That didn't happen.
    I guess you don't get that huh? Did you cast your Biden vote yet?

  8. #27
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    Charters have nothing to do with this. He broke the law and needs a punishment that will deter further lawbreaking. That didn't happen.
    I guess you don't get that huh? Did you cast your Biden vote yet?
    Are you dense or just pretending to be? The only reason charters taking more fish is legal is because of money and politicians. How many more fish are being taken by them that the guy who took 30? Hundreds or thousands. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. You can kiss Trump's ass. Both parties suck.

  9. #28
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    Are you dense or just pretending to be? The only reason charters taking more fish is legal is because of money and politicians. How many more fish are being taken by them that the guy who took 30? Hundreds or thousands. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. You can kiss Trump's ass. Both parties suck.
    Before I weigh in I just want to get something straight. After reading the above, I'm led to believe you are trying to argue that an entire charter fleet is taking more fish than a single individual who took 30. Is this a correct interpretation?

    If that isn't your argument, could you elaborate further as to what your stance is?

  10. #29
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nhunter344 View Post
    Before I weigh in I just want to get something straight. After reading the above, I'm led to believe you are trying to argue that an entire charter fleet is taking more fish than a single individual who took 30. Is this a correct interpretation?

    If that isn't your argument, could you elaborate further as to what your stance is?
    Some guy takes poaches 30 fish (29 if you count the 1 fish he's allowed to keep) everyone on this thread is up in arms about the one guy and his 29 fish. Meanwhile the charters (250+) taking thousands more per week are subject to different rules than the rest of the recreational fishermen even though they and their passengers are considered recreational and can take double the "legal" limit due to some manufactured "loophole". If that's the not definition of hypocrisy I don't know what is.

    edit: spawning stocks are down again. What's the point of lowering the limits when it only applies to half the the guys on the water?

  11. #30
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    Some guy takes poaches 30 fish (29 if you count the 1 fish he's allowed to keep) everyone on this thread is up in arms about the one guy and his 29 fish. Meanwhile the charters (250+) taking thousands more per week are subject to different rules than the rest of the recreational fishermen even though they and their passengers are considered recreational and can take double the "legal" limit due to some manufactured "loophole". If that's the not definition of hypocrisy I don't know what is.

    edit: spawning stocks are down again. What's the point of lowering the limits when it only applies to half the the guys on the water?
    We all understand that registered charters get 2 fish per person as opposed to 1 fish for a rec. I'm also sure most don't agree with it. This needs to be taken up with the powers that be and in the State of MD, they have always favored the commercial sector. You can't make up for what you don't like by poaching or condoning poaching. Unfortunately one is legal and one is not............ Gary

  12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.