Fishing Report Light tackle jig bite

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Light tackle jig bite

I havent been fishing as much lately (after a very busy summer) because I also work for a printing company and have been busy with election work. However I ran a guided trip yesterday out of Annapolis and the fall light tackle jig bite is on. We found a couple areas of nice fish feeding on peanut bunker with the largest going about 30". We mostly used 6" BKD's, 1oz Lil Bunkers, and some small paddle tails. When the bite was on, it didnt matter what was used..

I will be running light tackle trips throughout the fall and most trips will be announced week to week on my facebook or instagram accounts (@ifishmd) if you are looking to get out. I run a pilothouse boat so passengers can get out of the wind and spray as the weather gets cooler. All trips will be light tackle throughout the fall

Last edited by iFishMD; 10-15-2020 at 11:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Congrats, those are some nice fish! The fish in the first photo has some interesting variations in its stripes - have seen that before, is that random or does it have a particular cause, like stresses as the fish is growing? Thanks for sharing the report

I am not sure about the broken lines. If you google it, it gives a bunch of different answers

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com

Thanks Greg for the report and pics. I’m just starting to fish this year. Good luck on your upcoming trips.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hey Greg, Nice fish.
    Like to get out with you one Thursday or Friday if you ever need a crew member.
    Bill

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good day and report. Thanks for sharing. I've been trolling spoons, catching lot's of shorts with a few fish in the 20-25' range, but looking to switch over to the jig. Hope to see you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM BILL ME View Post
    Hey Greg, Nice fish.
    Like to get out with you one Thursday or Friday if you ever need a crew member.
    Bill
    I will be putting up plenty of walk-on trips week to week in the very near future if you follow my Instagram or Facebook page. (I will try to remember to post here too)

I have fished twice since the last report. Saturday was tough. We found lots of shorts and few keepers. I also fished Monday morning. While I did some running to find the fish, we ultimately found a nice bite.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    I will be putting up plenty of walk-on trips week to week in the very near future if you follow my Instagram or Facebook page. (I will try to remember to post here too)
    Greg,

I'd like to get in on another one of your Southern Maryland trips in the late November/early December time frame as a walk on. Fishing with you is always been good catching as well as a learning experience. I'll keep an ear out.

Don

11. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements