Need some Help New Trailer / Old Trailer

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default New Trailer / Old Trailer

Back in the pre-covid days another TF'er started a thread for recommendations for a new trailer. As it turned out he and I were looking at the same trailers for almost the same boat (a 19' Grady and a 20' Grady). Couple weeks ago I finally got a new tandem Easy-Loader trailer from Tri-State Marine. Towed it to Montauk, NY 2 days after picking it up and am very impressed with how smooth, true and quietly it tows.

Now for the help needed part ... when we picked it up we were informed that we had to dispose of the old trailer. Our last trailer came from Dave's and they took care of that so I was expecting the same. And i really wish I had been informed in advance byTri-State. Anyway, the trailer frame is in pretty good shape but it needs brakes, lights, actuator and more. I don't have a Porta-Band and no one local rents one. So, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this thing other than attack it with my 18-volt Sawzall?

Thx in advance for any help,

Bob
    Grady 20

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Take it to a scrap yard....... Gary

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Craigslist. Years ago I sold a pretty roached tandem jet ski trailer for $250. Folks were offering $300 but I sold it to the first responder. Came all the way to Silver Spring from the Eastern Shore to get it. Somebody will take it off your hands.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Thx all.

Gary - tried 2 scrap yards. They're both happy to take it as long as EVERYTHING that's not metal is removed. Kinda hard to get it there with no tires or torsion axle. Scrap yards are just not what they used to be.

Bob
    Grady 20

Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. Price it low and somebody will tow it away for you.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It would make a great landscape or snowmobile trailer. Put out a want ad and it will be gone in a flash.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Trailer parts are pretty cheap so alot of guys fixum up and sell um . I made alot of money selling trailers grabed every one I could find as long as frame was in good shape .advertise it .or maybe someone on here will grab it good luck

So I should just start a new thread that says something like:

2005 5-Starr roller trailer for 18 - 20' boat. (Had a 20' Grady on it.) Needs actuator, brakes and winc. All rollers and roller bars replaced about 2014. First $200 takes it as is.

Does that work?

Bob
    Grady 20

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BoLin View Post
    So I should just start a new thread that says something like:

2005 5-Starr roller trailer for 18 - 20' boat. (Had a 20' Grady on it.) Needs actuator, brakes and winc. All rollers and roller bars replaced about 2014. First $200 takes it as is.

Does that work?

Bob
    Grady 20
    You showed your cards here but that should work rather well elsewhere . Seriously, on CL should fly off the shelf like 9mm ammo at BassPro.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Looks good. Put it in the auto trader

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements