Question Current state of the used boat market

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Current state of the used boat market

Have any of you recently purchased or sold a used boat, in the past 2-3 months? I'm looking at boats between 24-26, twin outboards a must. Will use mostly for the bay but will run offshore 5-10 times per year. I looked at a boat that I was very interested in on Wednesday and by the time I called to discuss offer an put down a deposit it was sold. Is the overall market that hot or was this just bad timing for me? If you listed a boat recently, did you get slammed with calls? I know the housing market here in AACO is red hot and if you don't act fast the house will be sold quickly creating a bit of a frenzy....people offering full price or more, waiving inspections, etc. Is the used boat market that competitive too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I think the market really is that hot. I have a friend shopping for a used center console in the 20' size range and he is finding that they are selling before he can arrange a time to go see them.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Had 22 calls on mine and sold regretfully for a wad of cash in 24 hours. #1 would buy it back in a heartbeat as I regret it. #2 could have gotten several thousand more #3 I was stupid in the head for letting it go. Yes, it's crazy and I would now look at the long buck for a replacement

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess that supports what I was thinking. What kind of boat did you sell Dave?

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hot is an understatement.

When I was shopping with my neighbor at the ocean, stopped at a few dealers and new boats were basically out for the year and used availability was about non-existant.

He is shopping in the same arena as you.

Check South Jersey Delaware and Virginia markets. I have seen some viable boats on Craigslist but seem limited in 4 stroke availability.

He got $4500 for his ‘85 Wellcraft V20, with a 200 Evinrude, soft floor, loose console and average at best transom, single acke trailer. Cash offer, no sea trial.

Good luck.

Chris

Because of the pandemic anything that offers recreation while social distancing is in short supply. It is not just boats but bicycles and travel trailers and RVs. The real estate market in vacation places like Aspen is even hotter.
    A buddy is looking for a new Parker 21 SE. He was told the 2021s are sold out. Wait for a 2022.

Maybe someone on this site has a great boat they're tired of or want to down or up size... Anyone thinking of selling? I have a 21 mako that rides like a tank and the 2002 merc 250 runs like a top. I would take 20 miles offshore tomorrow. I don't want to sell mine until I have my next boat lined up....Can't stand not having a boat, it's like torture to me.

I know someone selling a 19' Triumph CC for $7500.
    Email: [email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Every time I launch from CB the slips are full of boats. Maybe walk some marinas and ask if the manager/owner would pass a message to the owner of a bot that is of interest to you.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

With interest rates low - good credit can get a 3% loan , people " stuck " in home state - a lot of boats have been selling fast.

I know two boat dealers - told me 2020 has been one of best years.

You might find a boat in winter - really best time to buy.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast