Fishing Report rapp 11 and 10 bouys
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default rapp 11 and 10 bouys

fish the Rappahannock on a friends boat lady b we started at 830 am or about caught 2 back to back both keeprs but release one caught 5 more some keepers but nothing over 23 seem the bite stop after 11 am then on the way in around 1- 2 30pm, then the bite was on between 12 and 13 buoy's we did not return back up river. great day on the water loads of bait and fish marks boats where spread out for most part no reports of fish caught in the bay .

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Went out today around 11, caught 2 18 inch on 2oz bucktails in about 2 hours. Should i be using a larger lure to shoot for bigger fish or is this about the correct size for what’s out there currently. Appreciate any input(these were my first striper caught trolling solo so i’m proud!)

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If you are trolling with a 3 way rig, we use a 3/8 oz bucktail with a strip or a grub as a trailer. This has worked well for us fishing all over the bay.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Not necessarily, I caught my biggest river rock on a 4 3/4" swim shad. What are you trailering on your 2oz bucktail? Are you trolling that by itself? You should have at least one rod trolling right on the bottom too. I looked below 11 yesterday and marked some scattered fish but didn't hang there too long. Ended up on a real good bite few miles above 11. I jig 5" & 7" soft plastics. Both have been producing just as well. The fish have been feeding on fairly small to large shrimp as well as 8" + bunker that I've seen so far.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements