Good Information Cheap piece of Chinesium (fill in the blank)
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Cheap piece of Chinesium (fill in the blank)

Was wandering around and doing a little maintenance and cleaning up the boat a little bit today and what do you think I ran across?

I was changing some clamps on the fuel system between the filter and the bulb. Poked the bulb and I found out that it's starting to rot right at both ends nearly Barb fittings.

The bulb was replaced this summer. I bought it from Amazon middle of July. The flaming thing is not 5-1/2 months old.

Looks like I'm off to the part store tomorrow.

Just whining because I'm not doing any fishing right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Despite the fact your not fishing, e VERY VERY glad you found that and not the rescue boat after you were blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grady23 View Post
    Despite the fact your not fishing, e VERY VERY glad you found that and not the rescue boat after you were blown up.
    Yup.

Probably wouldn't have made it through the winter.

Really surprised and disappointed that it's starting to fall apart so soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I find that plastic / rubber parts that aren't OEM are just poor quality. I replaced a front bumper on my Jeep with aftermarket and within months it faded and just couldnt restore the color back. Think you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancer01 View Post
    Was wandering around and doing a little maintenance and cleaning up the boat a little bit today and what do you think I ran across?

I was changing some clamps on the fuel system between the filter and the bulb. Poked the bulb and I found out that it's starting to rot right at both ends nearly Barb fittings.

The bulb was replaced this summer. I bought it from Amazon middle of July. The flaming thing is not 5-1/2 months old.

Do you know it was made in China?[/I]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sundancer01 View Post

Do you know it was made in China?

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I am with Sushi Seaker on this, for fuel bulbs I go only with OEM and I change them out once in a while; they last a long time compared to the lower priced junk and it gives peace of mind to have one less thing to worry about.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements