Fishing Report Fishing 11/28/20

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default Fishing 11/28/20

After fishing Pat and I went to Suicide Bridge Restaurant for lunch. I had oysters, Pat made a lobster Roll.Attachment 257763Attachment 257765Attachment 257767 Attachment 257769 Marshy Hope Creek.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Sounds like a great day!!

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Oh Andy, the colors only my memories can provide...Florida ain't got those tasty neds. We have pickerel here but nothing like the Eastern/western shore rivers/ponds/lakes. I'm sure you know that the pickerel meat is bony but tasty and most people through them back. Recently, about 2 months ago, I discovered a technique on You tube that may easily work with pickerel. The fun to catch/seldom kept to eat(Kept for bait though) is the Ladyfish. Great fight, non-finicky, aerial leaps but easily as many bones, or more, than Mr. chain-link sides. Skin/scales left on, do a sloppy filet...then take a large kitchen spoon and medium-pressure scrape both filets AND the carcass to remove boneless meat for fish cakes. I have been mixing broiled/flaked meat from skin-on speckled trout filets into the raw super soft ladyfish meat, adding spices and chopped veggies of choice, and making fish cakes. I can sum it up in one word and one sentence. AWESOME and I'll never throw another ladyfish back unless my freezers FULL. With Old Bay it truly comes close to Crab cakes @pennies per lb! Thanks for maintaining your postings, it means a lot to ex-Md'rs. On a side note- Does anybody know if Blowfish(maybe still OC) catches blowfish in the Bay or tidal Potomac? We used to HAMMER them back in the 60's & 70's = Chicken of the Sea!
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice looking pickerel andypat, and an even better sounding lunch. Got out to our creek off South River for first time in several weeks at dawn Saturday... last 90 minutes of outgoing to the tide turn. Half dozen neds caught - but all shorts - on chartreuse shad dart spiked with grass shrimp. Had left minnow trap out over-night in hopes of baiting up, but guess they've moved out to wherever they go for winter. Used to see occasional pickerel in the creek, but none yet this year. Hoping to get out a couple more times this week and maybe some bigger neds.

Mike (lubbernomo)
    South River shore-fishin'

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Thanks Mike, I don't think the minnows move out. Thanks for the seminar dougeeboy. Yes pickerel are very good to eat. I could tell you how to cook the fine hair bones right up in the meat. But I have a fishing report to make. Maybe later.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Actually Andy last year you recommended a way to slash cut the meat and deep fry...it didn't work for me. Now, if you're referring to something else, I'm ready when you are!

Dougeeboy

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements