Fishing Report Nice Stripers Still Around

Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com

Default Nice Stripers Still Around

On 11/25/20 David Heath and I were planning to catch some nice stripers on light tackle. We met at Pasadena and boarded David’s Cape Horn, 25’, CC, with twin 150 Yamaha motors. We cruised out of Rock Creek to the Fort McHenry Channel. Birds were everywhere over bait and after 45 minuted we agreed on crossing the Bay heading southeast.

15 knots plus south winds were blowing up the Chesapeake Bay against the ebb current which made the seas rough. I was sitting on the starboard side at the CC watching the sprays clear aft of the boat. The ride was dry as we pulled up to the only structure we fished this trip.

A flock of birds were working the shallows so we moved in, but no stripers were there, only baitfish. We kept a good eye on the fishfinder as we drifted toward the deep. Some birds were working over the deep water and that is where we found some nice stripers up to 25 1/2”.

David Caught the 1st Striper of the Day

Click on Photo to Enlarge

They Were Tough to Catch This Trip

Most Stripers Were in 35 to 40 Foot of Water

Most Productive Lures:
    ZMan, DieZel 4" MinnowZ in Smoky Shad rigged on 3/4 oz. Coach Jigheads Chart. & White

Most Productive Technique:
    Note: When safe, turn your boat broadside to the current and turn off the motor during the drift.
    Cast the lure up current and let it hit the bottom. Jig the lure just off the bottom and back by moving the rod tip from 9:00 to 9:30 o'clock. It was a tough bite today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great report. Thanks for posting. We haven’t seen much from you this season.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great report and info. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for posting, gives me a little hope as I'm close to the same area. I had major otdrive issues since late July and although I'm back in the water the skunk is on the boat.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thank you for the detailed report and photos! Glad you found some nice ones

Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com

Thanks everyone for the replies.

bebopper:
    I haven't been guiding this year because of the COVID. I sure hope 2021 will be a better year and I'll be guiding again. I sure miss teaching anglers what I have learned.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements