Fishing Report Another Once in a Lifetime Fish

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I know like military intelligence, right?

I hit the Georgetown Area of the Potomac River for Blue Cats again on Friday the 27th with my two nephews and brother trying to get them all a monster. Well it almost worked, my older nephew grabbed the lucky rod and landed a 53 pound Blue Cat and we caught a few more small eater size 5-12 pounds. My younger nephew and brother tag teamed on one that eventually broke the 50# leader at the knot. I promise you that fish was equally big.

On Saturday I finished taking care of the stupid Christmas lights, like working on trailer lights, never easy and raked some leaves for my dad. I still had the gumption to go back out on Sunday, since the Ravens were off and in obvious stupid mode.

I hit the Georgetown area again and on the first anchor, landed a 33 pounder and some smalls and moved. I caught a 31 and nothing else and just as I was bringing in the rods and reaching for the last rod, the line started moving.

Pulling back on the circle hook it felt good, but halfway to the surface of 40' +/- minus water, he realized he was hooked. After 2-3 hard runs and some tug of war a big fish came to the surface. I got him in the net and saw that massive head and thought "yeah really nice fish". That was until I tried to lift it over the side. On the third try, he flopped on the deck and I realized I had another once in a lifetime fish.

81 pounds of trophy catfish. Yes, that is on a scale!! I use a folded tarp that I have strings tied to each corner to weigh the big fish. Keeps them from being suspended vertically.

I say another one because almost exactly 2 years ago I caught one estimated in the mid 80 range, because I only had a 50 pound scale at the time. It was after that fish that I bought a 110 pound scale.

The foggy picture in coveralls is the first fish from 2019, the other 3 from Sunday. I am still shooting for three digits!!

Chris

IMG_2529.JPGNov 30 2020 81_1.JPGNov 30 2020 81_2.JPGNov 30 2020 81_3.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow , what a monster Cat. Congrats.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Congratulations. That is a huge fish. And you landed it by yourself, which must have been an effort.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

Holy Crap! That is a monster. Largest I have ever seen. Good luck with the 100 Lb.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Chris- Definitely a denizen of the deep!! Congrats. Do you keep them when they're 40+ #s? If so, what are some things found in stomach? Are you a cut fish 4 bait angler? Thanks in advance-

If catfish nuggets were Gold, you'd have Fort Knox right there!

Dougeeboy

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice fish, congrats.

Mike

That's a helluv a fish. Nice going, and thanks for posting. What were you using for bait? Gizzard shad?

Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish

If you keep that up Chris, you're gonna need a bigger boat!
    Congrats!

Wow. Great report. You’re going to drive Gary nuts on this one. Is that an unofficial record?

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Oh boy, that is a biggun - congratulations!

Pat

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast