Question Cheap chart plotter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Cheap chart plotter

For several months now I keep getting these ads for a $79.00 Helix chart plotter. May be a Hummingbird. Picture of unit looks like at least a $500.00 unit? Has anyone seen these ads and checked it out. Has to be some kind of scam.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It is a scam.

Very good unit, but not $79, maybe $790 depending on model.

Chris

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Out if curiosity I added to cart and went to pay page and it said $79.00 plus $5.99 shipping. They accept every credit card and have a return policy. I canít imagine them having major credit cards and being fraudulent. Of course thereís always if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isnít.
    Iíve been getting these ads for over a month.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    Out if curiosity I added to cart and went to pay page and it said $79.00 plus $5.99 shipping. They accept every credit card and have a return policy. I canít imagine them having major credit cards and being fraudulent. Of course thereís always if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isnít.
    Scam outfits more than happy to take your credit card. If is used in a scam or by an illigit. company the paper work to sort it out is very time consuming. I once bought shoes in Florence Italy for $700 and wish I had been to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    Just because they have a return policy doesn't mean anything. If you think you are going to get a $700+ piece of equipment for $79.00 you are in for a rude awakening.

I'd send them cash. That way, they can't get your credit card info.

Look up the company and see if they are listed on the BBB website and check the complaints against the company. If they are not listed with them, I'd definitely stay away

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by russellraven View Post
    Look up the company and see if they are listed on the BBB website and check the complaints against the company. If they are not listed with them, I'd definitely stay away
    Look at scratch and dent specials at known retailers like BOE or look at last years models to save bucks.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Most fraudulent companies accept every credit card. Buy it and try to return it and you might not have too much luck. Go through about 10 tons of nonsense with the seller to try to return it. Good luck. Then contact your credit card company to refuse payment. Another 10 tons of support documentation and rigamorole and hope for the best but don't hold your breath. These scammers survive by outlasting the people who say the hassle just isn't worth it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast